We are seeking an Email Marketing Manager to manage and optimize Pet Plate’s Email Marketing, CRM & Retention efforts. You will be our inhouse expert on Email Marketing strategy and execution, obsessed with driving best-of-breed performance. You will plan and execute both email acquisition and lifecycle marketing projects at each touch point, building greater loyalty and increasing LTV amongst Pet Plate’s consumers. You will build on strategies to acquire new customers, upsell existing customers, retain our active customers, identify unmet customer needs, and ensure personalization and customization is leveraged across our customer profile segments, while growing our customer prospect list.
- Own and operate Pet Plate’s email marketing channel with keen focus on driving acquisition, retention and LTV.
- Analyze cohort performance to identify areas for improvement, reporting on overall engagement and retention rates, understanding when and why people churn.
- Manage audience segmentation and look for opportunities to build customized messaging for specific customer profiles.
- Optimize email delivery for performance and develop and execute ongoing A/B testing plans, sharing relevant results with cross-functional teams.
- Strategize and develop customer lifecycle communications and content marketing that can be leveraged within the Email Marketing channel as well as more broadly in additional areas of the business.
- Work closely with Ecommerce, Customer Experience, Ops, Dev and other cross-functional teams to optimize the customer journey.
- Review Email performance dashboards and analysis with related cross-functional teams on a weekly basis.
- Own content creation strategy for Email sends, working with writers on messaging and related blog content, as well as designers for ongoing Email creative needs.
- Drive ongoing A/B testing for Email creative and messaging, sharing learnings cross-functionally.
- Partner with Data Analyst and other team members to uncover LTV trends and insights related to discounting and promotional offers, providing recommendations on discounting strategies in Email Marketing.
- Collaborate with Ecommerce Manager on optimizing and scaling email address capture on our website, and optimize related email flows to convert newly acquired addresses to customers.
- Self-starter with a dual focus on performance and brand.
- Strong writing skills, including ideation and copywriting.
- Ability to art direct and engage graphic designers in the creative process.
- Exceptional multi-tasking ability.
- Detail-oriented, organized and accurate.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, matched with the ability to tell a story with the data and recommend optimizations.
- 3+ years of experience managing Email Marketing for a direct-to-consumer subscription business.
- Ability to create and edit HTML and CSS email templates, and proven experience optimizing creative design and messaging leading to strong KPI outcomes.
- Deep understanding of customer acquisition strategies, lifecycle marketing, retention, and LTV.
- Excellent analytical skills; ability to formulate logical, data-driven business insights and test new ideas to improve email performance and customer retention.
- Hands-on expert with ESPs.
- Comfortable working collaboratively across multiple departments.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Full medical, dental and vision coverage.
- Generous vacation policy and flexible PTO.
- Free Pet Plate for you, and discounts for your friends & family.