Be present, together.
Our mission is three simple words. Open is a modern studio designing a new way to practice wellbeing. We combine our hybrid methodology with a social and engaging platform to make mindfulness achievable for all. We engage the senses with music, sound, breath, and movement to create inspiring and meaningful shared experiences on and offline. We are design oriented, inspired by art, and promote the power of the direct experience. We envision a world where everyone, everywhere, Opens everyday.
Based in Venice, our team is committed to creating a driven and diverse company with ambitious people from a wide range of backgrounds. We are looking for people with a strong sense for exceptional products, a keen eye for detail, and an aptitude for learning new technologies. Most importantly, we’re looking for people who are enthusiastic about working with a dynamic group of people to build the future of wellness.
We're currently focused on streaming immersive classes through our digital platform from our studios in San Francisco and Venice to a growing global audience. Open is supported by Founders Fund (Keith Rabois), Susa, LVMH (Miyuki Matsumoto), Coatue (Arielle Zuckerberg), Slow, SV Angel, Maveron, Jack Dorsey, Adrian Aoun, Ben Rubin (Houseparty), and more.
The Email Marketing Manager will oversee all things email as well as push notifications and SMS marketing. This role will work collaboratively with many in-house teams including content, product, design, and production in addition to external agencies to tell a cohesive, data-driven story.
As a leader at Open, you will pioneer efforts to amplify the Open brand worldwide by aligning and maximizing marketing, creative, and branding resources across business areas. You will report directly to the Head of Content Marketing to drive key results across user acquisition, retention, and loyalty.
This role is ultimately responsible for harnessing the power of content, branding, storytelling, segmentation, and Open teachings to help engage people in the Open mission, taking the brand reputation and subscriber base to the next level.
We're looking for a dynamic leader to build a remarkable messaging funnel ecosystem at Open. In this role, you’ll be responsible for driving strategy and executing all facets of email marketing, push, and SMS as well as developing insights to build high impact campaigns that drive growth, awareness, and brand love. This is a rare opportunity to contribute to building a social product that has the power to transform people's lives for the better.
You are a confident subject matter expert with a true passion for your craft. You are fluent in synthesizing data into compelling campaigns, with a balance of innate creativity in bringing the brand to life through rich content.
The challenge of translating the Open experience and ethos to the world through content lights you up. No matter the medium, you are constantly seeking solutions to make the user relationship with our brand and product truly exceptional.
You have proven expertise in growing, converting, and retaining audiences across marketing channels, from first touchpoint through the funnel.
You are passionately in pursuit of sharing the spark of Open’s community with millions.
What You'll Do
- Drive strong performance across automated email and push campaigns including retargeting, transactional, acquisition, on-boarding, and nurture programs.
- Lead the planning and execution of ongoing campaign optimization efforts through A/B testing creative and messaging, customer segmentation, and audience insights.
- Identify new opportunities for automated and personalized lifecycle marketing programs.
- Brainstorm ways to improve customer experience through cross-channel (email, SMS, chat, etc) campaigns.
- Effectively manage email and push campaigns with strong organizational, communication, and coordination skills.
- Ensure high quality and error-free implementation, testing, and QA of all campaigns.
- Evaluate emerging technologies, vendors, and industry innovations and provide recommendations for adoption where appropriate.
- Own and oversee the customer lifecycle engagement strategy, planning, execution, measurement, and optimization, with a focus on technical enablement of dynamic personalization, segmentation, and event or API triggered communications.
- Master available data sources/data structure within and between Klaviyo and internal systems to create scalable one-to-one communications and support personalization strategies for all business channels.
- Manage the Klaviyo database hygiene and optimization; develop/execute strategy for monitoring and improving gaps in data health and accuracy.
- Oversee the planning, development, and execution of direct customer communication, including email and push notifications marketing to maximize channel performance, customer/subscriber engagement, and growth.
- Ensure campaigns are integrated with Open holistic marketing strategy and plans.
- Drive revenue and conversion through pre- and post-purchase triggered campaigns.
- Partner closely with the various business unit leaders to ensure team resources and priorities are aligned, working on the highest value/most important initiatives, and delivering the best return on investment.
What You'll Bring
- 3+ years of experience building high performing email marketing campaigns, ideally for an app and/or hyper-growth consumer products or services company.
- Proven success in building engaging email flows and lifecycle programs that drive conversion, customer loyalty, and retention.
- Experience marrying multiple sources of data with storytelling, narrative development, and messaging to make strategic decisions that drive significant growth and awareness.
- Understanding on how to track, report, troubleshoot, and optimize email performance – delivering actionable insights on a weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Ability to execute on key performance metrics including activation, retention, reactivation rates and LTV, applying key learnings to future projects.
- Fluent in channel forecasting, consumer trends, emerging trends, customer-first decision making, competitor and industry analyses, and making recommendations to stakeholders to influence change.
- Proficiency in building dynamic HTML emails, modules, and templates.
- Experience working across multiple departments and external agencies to see the creative production process from ideation to execution.
- Knowledge of email best practices; A/B testing, deliverability, and spam laws.
- Confidence in building and managing loyalty and referral programs.
- Proficiency in scaling processes, teams, budgets, tools, and programs.
- A “can do anything, anytime” attitude, marked by excellence in execution.
- A dynamic approach to problem solving and the ability to toggle between creative and analytical mindset.
- Attention to detail and craftsmanship while also considerate of deadlines, constraints, and the big picture; exceptional project management experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Agile thinker who can navigate ambiguity.
- Self sufficient, proactive, motivated, and collaborative.
- Passionate about humanities, wellness, and culture.
- Experience in a fast-paced, performance-oriented environment.
- Medical, dental, vision
- Competitive pay
- Complimentary Open classes
We welcome people from all backgrounds who want to build a future with more presence.