Email Marketing Manager (Remote)
OhmConnect is building a smart energy network to enable each home to unlock value from the grid. OhmConnect rewards customers for reducing energy consumption during peak demand. The gamified platform is a fun, innovative way to make people more conscious of their carbon footprint and its effects on the environment. OhmConnect enables hundreds of thousands of customers to be rewarded for timely, smarter, home energy use. We reward our users for saving energy when the grid is stressed and fossil-fuel emitting "peaker" plants are about to turn on to meet demand.
Do you want to help speed up our transition to clean energy? OhmConnect is looking for a leader with a strong work ethic, and intense drive to make the world a better place and tackle challenging problems. We are seeking a mission-driven, growth-oriented Email Marketing Manager to help us grow our community of energy savers, improve the value for each customer, and enable a clean energy economy.
Your main role will be to run email marketing campaigns from start to finish, from on-boarding through our core lifecycle, manage our email marketing platform, analyze automation and campaign performance, and manage and curate our many segments and lists of users. We are looking for someone who can bring our energy-saving platform to life through engaging copy and design, who can maintain and work cross functionally to curate a communications calendar, audience segmentation, and user targeting strategies. As someone who always keeps a customer-first mindset, you understand that when you send messages is just as important as what it says.
If you’re excited about helping people save energy, telling stories in creative ways, and managing a platform that makes it all possible...we’re excited to hear from you!
What you'll do:
· Develop email communication strategy with various internal teams to identify the best way to increase customer acquisition, engagement, retention, and growth
· Lead all technical aspects of email inclusive of list management, set up, scheduling, testing, deployment and reporting
· Evolve our audience segmentation and execution strategy to connect the right user with the right call-to-action at the right time
· Manage all email automations and campaigns, including set-up, copywriting, target users, testing and evolution, deployment, and analysis
· Craft and edit message copy and create best-in-class email content and design, following industry best practices, rules and regulations, and our brand tone
· Create multi-step drip campaigns, targeting users throughout their life cycle, and encouraging them to engage with our product and at key moments
· Own email automation and campaign performance analysis, curate and use analytics dashboards to uncover trends and measure results
· Proactively identify and act on opportunities to advance business objectives through email
· Help manage our communications calendar, with buy-in from other stakeholders -- and circulate effectively with the team so there is internal clarity on what messages are being sent, when and to whom
· Collaborate with Marketing and Product teams on growth, acquisition, and lifecycle efforts
· Collaborate with Product and Marketing teams on product, program, and project launches
What you bring:
· 3-5 years’ experience in digital and/or email marketing and automations for a B2C company
· Experience with email and marketing automation platforms and technology
· Exceptional copywriting and editing skills, guided by brand tone -- you will be writing our emails!
· Demonstrated expertise in email best practices, CAN-SPAM laws and email trends
· Analytical and results-oriented mentality
· Creative thinking
· Customer-first mindset
· Experience developing and implementing audience segmentation strategies
· Demonstrable experience with data analytics and application in email marketing
· Excellent internal communications and organizational skills -- able to keep many stakeholders updated and many projects going at the same time
· Flexible and can-do attitude -- as a startup we’re constantly evolving as we learn and grow. Being able to thrive with some ambiguity is a must!
Join our mission to fight climate change. OhmConnect is the first service that pays consumers to shift energy use. When environmentally damaging power plants are about to turn on, our users save energy through our innovative platform. We reward customers for their impact. Since it’s cleaner, cheaper, and faster than turning on another power plant, the world wins too.
Working at OhmConnect
- We have a virtual work environment. Post-pandemic, we’ll return to in-person meet ups on a monthly or quarterly basis.
- Outstanding benefits package, stock options, and salary commensurate with experience
- Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to supporting equality and diversity in our offices
- Value a good work-life balance. Company perks include unlimited vacation, parental (both maternal and paternal) leave benefits