The National Council for Behavioral Health (National Council) is the unifying voice of America’s community mental health and addictions treatment organizations. A not-for-profit 501(c)(3) association, the National Council for Behavioral Health’s mission is to advance our members’ ability to deliver integrated healthcare. Together with our 3,400 member organizations, we serve our nation’s most vulnerable citizens — more than 10 million adults and children living with mental illnesses and addiction disorders. We are committed to ensuring all Americans have access to comprehensive, high-quality care that affords every opportunity for recovery and full participation in community life. The National Council introduced Mental Health First Aid USA and more than 2.5 million Americans have been trained.
The National Council is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and commit ourselves to creating an inclusive environment for everyone.
We are looking for a passionate and experienced Email Marketing Manager to join our Marketing and Communications team fully remotely. As an Email Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for the development and execution of our overall email marketing strategy. You will be responsible for maximizing our ability to leverage existing tools and identifying needs for additional processes or technologies to elevate our email marketing.
You must have a strong background in email marketing and specifically Marketo. You should have experience with the power of Marketo and the ability to lead the expansion of our marketing automation efforts.
You will be responsible for building emails campaigns with content generated by colleagues. You will also create new automated campaigns for efforts such as lead generation and nurture. You will build all marketing emails in Marketo and be the final checkpoint before any emails are sent. You will be tasked with developing, implementing, and measuring the success of a rigorous testing plan. You will lead the effort to further segment our database, thereby allowing us to increase targeting.
You should be a strong communicator who works well in a collaborative environment and can coordinate with team members and colleagues across the organization. You must be able to quickly adapt to changing priorities over a variety of projects.
- Build emails in marketing automation tool (Marketo)
- Develop overall email marketing strategy and create email campaigns
- Create email lists, smart lists, and segments
- Maximize our use of the integration between Marketo and our CRM (Microsoft Dynamics)
- Segment lists based on behaviors like past email engagement and website interactions
- Develop an email list growth strategy to increase subscriptions
- Create and modify various email templates and components
- Develop and implement a testing plan and measure success for every campaign
- Establish and measure email marketing KPIs
- Develop reports and analyze data for valuable insights and actionable recommendations
- Suggest improvements in process, technology, and strategy
- Develop documentation and road maps for email best practices
Required Qualifications (Degree and Years of experience)
- Bachelors’ Degree and 4 years of work experience in marketing and communications
- 3-5 years working in email marketing
- 1 year experience required working in the Marketo marketing automation platform
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Results-oriented with a high attention to detail, ability to multi-task, and meet deadlines in a demanding, fast-paced environment
- Ability to travel up to 10%
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High proficiency with Marketo and marketing automation technology
- 1 year proven Marketo experience
- Experience with email marketing, lead nurturing, and web/email analytics
- Especially Marketo and Google Analytics
- HTML and CSS Experience for email building
- Knowledge of latest digital marketing trends
- CRM experience (e.g. MS Dynamics)
- Ability to build relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the organization
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Flexible Team player able to adapt to changing priorities
- Excellent time-management skills and attention to detail
The National Council is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Council uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees.