Mynd is a full-stack tech-enabled real estate management company serving the $86-billion-plus rental (SFR) sector. Headquartered in Oakland, Calif., Mynd was named the #1 fastest-growing private company in the Bay Area by the San Francisco Business Times in 2020. Beyond just property management, Mynd also helps both retail and institutional investors with buying and selling, financing, insurance, and more. Leveraging its proprietary technology and real time data, Mynd enables efficient operations at scale and has allowed for rapid market expansion into 24 markets. With 7000 units under management, Mynd is the first prop tech company of its kind to unlock the potential of a PMaaS architecture which combines technology and expert teams to deliver best-in-class services for investors. Mynd has a mission to create happy homes and healthy investments.
We’re always on the lookout for top talent. Mynd is not only made up of real estate professionals but also skilled individuals across a wide variety of industries — there is no ideal employee profile other than having a passion for active problem-solving and an impeccable work ethic. We seek those ready to hit the ground running, and those who want to join a team driven by data and by great customer experience. Join us!
About the Role:
As Email Marketing Manager, you will support our Marketing and Growth team with the creation and deployment of strategic email campaigns. This role is responsible for the day-to-day planning, setup and launch of targeted email sends in Marketo for different audiences (existing customers, prospective owners, real estate agents). The ideal candidate for this role is a flexible, team player with a background in the development of email campaigns, a strong grasp of marketing automation platforms, and experience in managing email distribution lists.
Reporting to our Head of Demand Generation, this role will be crucial to accelerate direct growth for the company after establishing a foothold as an innovating tech-enabled property management platform in 19 markets and growing.
- Plan, build and execute both static and automated email campaigns in Marketo including personalization and dynamic content
- Create segmentation and build processes that create compelling email campaigns for various products, personas, and use cases
- Optimize existing email campaigns and identify untapped opportunities
- Create a more customized customer lifecycle experience by experimenting with different messaging, content and audience segments
- Develop and maintain forward-looking email calendar that considers different audience segments
- Work cross-functionally with internal stakeholders to align email strategy and develop messaging
- Create and segment subscriber lists based on targeting criteria
- Report on and optimize against key metrics including CTR, open rates, content performance and audience engagement
- Collaborate with the design team to generate email templates and layouts that display well across different device types, email apps and inboxes
- Conduct A/B testing to improve email performance through optimized messaging, content mediums and email layout
- Provide troubleshooting / first line of support for stakeholders encountering errors or technical issues
- Monitor industry trends and email best practices to maintain best-in-class standards regarding CAN-SPAM, GDPR and general subscription management settings
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, English, or Business preferred, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years direct experience working in enterprise-level marketing automation platforms (Iterable, Braze, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Pardot, HubSpot, Marketo, etc.). Marketo preferred.
- 1+ years working in HTML and CSS for email
- Experience in start-up environments dealing with Travel, Finance, Auto, Furniture, or B2B lead generation, a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a high attention to detail and ability to proofread
- Analytically driven with a strong comprehension of data, related tools and the underlying methodologies used to inform decision making
- Deep experience developing and managing strategic email coordinating across multiple teams
- Strong customer empathy with a hyper-focus on what resonates with the target audience
- Self-starter with an ability to navigate the organization to achieve individual and team goals
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities under tight deadlines, in a busy, fast-paced environment
- Growth mindset and opt for action (through testing, for example) when it comes to driving growth
- Attention to detail and an ability to effectively balance big-picture strategic work with execution
- Passion for real estate/property management
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation.
Mynd is closely following the 2019 Novel Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) and implementing processes that promote the safety of our employees, candidates, owners, residents and communities. The health and safety of our employees and contractors around the world continues to be our top priority as we face the challenges associated with COVID-19. Leaders across Mynd meet regularly to consider the evolving situation and are doing all we can to keep our teams healthy.
At Mynd, we encourage all of our team members to:
Always Be Entrepreneurial
Play Team First
Be an ‘A’ Player
Think Like An Investor
As part of our dedication to diversity, Mynd is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Mynd are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.