Getting together with real people in person or online makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, and chance encounters become lifelong connections. Meetup brings people together to create thriving communities — something that couldn’t be more important right now in our world, and in the tech industry.
We are looking for an experienced Email Marketing Manager for our Marketing team. Reporting to the Head of Marketing, your main responsibility will be to own and drive the growth of acquisition, engagement, and retargeting, both domestically and internationally. You will also ensure that all campaigns are aligned with Meetup’s overall strategy, branding, and marketing goals.
What you’ll get to do:
- Acquisition: Using the internal database, referencing industry and channel best practices, to determine what segments of members or former organizers to target each month. Create messaging and creative that will inspire them to become organizers. Manage email list segments and an ongoing content calendar to minimize unsubscribes.
- Engagement: Determine the cadence, messaging, and creative to inspire members to engage with Meetup through RSVPs and attendance. Segment audiences to address the members who need reminding of how they can benefit from participating in Meetup groups and events.
- Retention: Establish an email program that will help Meetup organizers be successful and realize the value of a Meetup subscription, while providing them with the correct tools at the right time.
- Analysis: Develop a clear approach to measuring the performance of email marketing campaigns and translate data to optimize campaigns and develop testing strategies.
You’re our ideal team member if you have:
- 4-6 years of relevant marketing and/or communications experience
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Hands-on email marketing experience
- Strong editing and copywriting skills
- Experience with A/B testing and email optimization for conversion and engagement
- Ability to create and edit HTML & CSS email templates
- Deep understanding of email KPIs and complex campaigns
- Ability to analyze email and web metrics and generate hypotheses
- Experience with deliverability, inboxing, IP warming, and monitoring (e.g. 250ok)
- Experience with marketing automation or CRM tools (e.g. Braze, Marketo)
- Growth marketing/optimization mindset; deeply analytical
- Understands database segmentation to achieve goals of acquisition and engagement
- Demonstrated problem-solving capabilities and intellectual curiosity
- Ability to closely manage timelines on concurrent campaigns supporting diverse business goals
- Dedication to quality assurance; always ensuring campaigns and deliverables go out correctly
- Proven track record of leading cross-functional email initiatives, monitoring their success and reporting the results to all stakeholders
- Flexibility and fast thinking, quick to formulate insights and respond to changing business needs
- Knowledge of Mixpanel and/or Looker or other BI tools is a plus
- Experience in a startup environment is a plus
- Experience marketing a b2c/b2b subscription product is a plus
You should also be highly collaborative (comfortable with autonomy but great with teams), comfortable with ambiguity and shifting priorities, and highly aligned with our mission and values.
Our team is bold, supportive, and passionate about bringing people together in real life to create community for everyone. We care about moving fast, real-world change, and building diverse, dynamic teams. You in?