Meals on Wheels America is the oldest and largest national organization supporting the more than 5,000 community-based programs across the country that are dedicated to addressing senior isolation and hunger. This network exists in virtually every community in America and, along with more than two million staff and volunteers, delivers the nutritious meals, friendly visits and safety checks that enable America’s seniors to live nourished lives with independence and dignity. By providing funding, leadership, education, research and advocacy support, Meals on Wheels America empowers its local member programs to strengthen their communities, one senior at a time.
Do you want to do work that makes a real difference in the world and play an important role in the fight to ensure that no senior is left hungry or isolated? If you’re confident in your detail-oriented, digital content skills, we have a position for you!
We’re looking for a passionate Email Marketing Manager to fill a critical role on our communications team. You’ll have hands-on responsibility for writingbuilding and sending emails. You’ll also create engagement opportunities across multiple channels for our community of supporters, donors, volunteers and activists. The person in this role will ensure that the final product observes our quality standards. We need a self-starter who has strong attention to detail and writing skills, with advanced proofreading skills and a passion for digging into the numbers for deeper understanding.
Previous work in the non-profit space is a plus, while expertise with email marketing is a must. The ability to manage the full project cycle and deadlines –from compiling copy and design to creating donation, advocacy and other engagement forms– is essential. We’re a small team, so you’ll also have the opportunity to help our digital team in a variety of ways.
The position reports to the Director of Digital Communications and is located in Arlington, VA or remote.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Project Management and Quality Assurance
- Manage email production calendar and schedules
- Work across several departments to compile all elements of email sends (copy, lists and graphics) for fundraising, campaigns, advocacy and automated communication
- Manage deliverable deadlines and internal review processes
- Ensure all collateral follows industry policies and best practices
- Proofread content for clarity, grammar and spelling
Digital Communications Management
- Serve as the primary super user for the organization’s digital marketing platform
- Write copy for, build, test and validate pages and forms that capture donor information and interests to assist in lead generation strategy
- Work with our Data Management team to support efforts to grow our email list and provide ways to keep the supporters continually engaged
- Write copy for, build, test, validate and send emails to members, donors, supporters and volunteers
- Identify target audiences and manage the timing, frequency, cadence and unique opportunities for various segments
- Monitor email list health, bounce rates and unsubscribe trends
- Brainstorm new and creative growth strategies
- Segment lists based on behaviors like past email engagement and website interactions
- Work with our graphic designer to develop email and web specific graphics
- Create and manage automated marketing campaigns
Measurement and Analysis
- Measure and report performance of email marketing efforts and assess against goals
- Plan, execute and measure experiments, A/B and conversion tests
- Identify patterns, trends and insights and develop recommendations based on those insights
- Monitor click-through rates, donations, open rates and additional data to identify issues and continue to improve
- Analyze campaign performance and suggest improvements
QUALIFICATIONS OR SKILLS REQUIRED
- 4-years of experience in digital communications, Bachelor’s Degree a plus
- Proficiency in email marketing and automation technology
- Strong attention to detail – we need someone who can make sure each email is accurate and catch any mistakes or inconsistencies
- Familiarity and comfort making edits in HTML
- Demonstrated experience analyzing and reporting on email data
- Strong project management skills with the ability to coordinate multiple projects and shifting requests
- Excel in a team-based, nimble and collaborative environment to advance the mission, values and goals of the organization
- Walk the talk and serves as a model of the work environment and culture the organization aspires to
- An insatiable curiosity and a passion for doing good in the world
Meals on Wheels America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified persons of every race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, and disability.