Position: Email Marketing Manager
Location: Rockville, MD (currently Remote)
Do you get excited about tracking data every day, targeting specific audiences, and helping teams hit their goals? Are you organized, self-sufficient, and have a keen eye for detail?
Well, read on...
The Email Marketing Manager will be responsible for managing the schedule, operational setup, and approval of dedicated email advertisements. Offers being promoted will be Lurn owned education products and products created by external affiliate partners. So you will have high visibility with many key stakeholders.
Duties include daily email design, scheduling, tracking, reporting, and testing workflow to meet all deadlines and campaign deliverables.
Candidates should be innovative, team-oriented, effective communicators, and have the desire to participate in a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing priorities. Most importantly for this role, you must be ORGANIZED and PROACTIVE in getting projects started.
The good news? You'll get to directly help grow our revenue and contribute to our marketing strategy. To keep reading, the idea of managing email campaigns and optimizing email strategy should excite you...
About Us - Lurn, Inc.
We'll start by introducing ourselves. We're Lurn - The Transformational Home for Entrepreneurs. Our company is pioneering how Entrepreneurs learn and connect with each other (all over the World). Being an Entrepreneur can be a very lonely business - well, not for long.
We've built a Publishing platform that has 100+ courses on it and will soon allow for Entrepreneurs to connect, communicate and network with each other.
In 2020, our business has grown 150%. We've more than doubled our team size (yes, COVID ain't got nothing on us). Right now, we're focused on getting the right leadership in place for the next burst of growth in 2021.
The Lurn.com platform already has 500,000 members and is rapidly growing to 10 million. In 2020, we expanded our Engineering team from six to a team of 25. Long story short, we're on the brink of major growth in 2021, we've already passed our tipping point.
The only reason Lurn is growing the way we are is because of our amazing team. You won't find a talented, hard-working and family-oriented team culture like ours anywhere in this industry. And now, we're looking for that "special someone" to help contribute to the revenue growth on our Marketing team.
That's where you come in, maybe - let's see.
Does This Sound Like You?
We need an Email Marketing Manager to own and manage our email marketing campaigns, execute A/B testing, spreadsheet reporting, and contribute to our monetization strategy.
- Coordinate with web, production, copy, and art teams to manage the operational/creative campaign setups.
- Daily tracking and analysis of previous email stats.
- Have a great understanding of our email segments for targeting specific messages.
- Daily communication of email performance to key stakeholders.
- Constant testing of email delivery for multiple email service providers.
- Create, track, and optimize scheduled email autoresponders.
- Have a deep understanding of specific email revenue and performance metrics.
- Have a passion for improving open rates and email click rates.
- A general understanding of newsletter content schedules.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with multiple internal departments as well as our external email affiliates.
- Have a goal-oriented attitude to hit weekly revenue goals.
- This is an incredible opportunity for anyone interested in taking the next step in their career. The sky's the limit for the right person as a marketer in the organization. You just need to be willing to show you will work for it...
Seriously - only keep reading if the above sounds like you.
So, Here's What We ARE Looking For...
The following is pretty direct and non-negotiable. Our Email Marketing Manager requires these all equally important:
- Daily Email Optimization - Our business thrives from good email marketing. You should have experience drafting, testing, logging email content to deliver high open rates, click rates, and revenue results. These emails are high impact on our business and we need ownership of performance.
- Data Reporting - This is an absolute must in this position. You need to be very comfortable using spreadsheets to analyze marketing performance such as opens, clicks, and conversions. Our tomorrow's marketing should be dependent on yesterday's statistics. Can you articulate results and report them to leaders and marketing stakeholders? If so this job is for you.
- Planner - Staying ahead - Given the breadth and rapid pace of the email content that we will be publishing, a key goal will be to get ahead. This can be challenging as we want to stay current with the campaigns that will deliver the best results. We are a direct response company, so we are constantly changing and rapidly evolving our marketing deliverables. There will be times when you may need to adjust marketing in abnormal time periods, so doing everything you can to stay ahead is vital
- Data-Driven Decision Making - We'll be direct, our marketing team doesn't believe in feelings and emotions for decisions. We look at the data and only the data. You must be someone who gets a high out of doing data analysis for your decisions. You know your average Open Rates and Click-through rates like the back of your hands.
- Personable with Excellent Communication - This position will have high visibility inside and outside of our organization. You will essentially be seen as our "List Owner" to outside partners. It is expected of you to maintain a great relationship and communicate expectations clearly with everyone you work with. The relationships you create will supply you with offers to advertise in our newsletters to assist with hitting our revenue goals.
Yes, it's a little intense, but that should excite you...
Listen, we're growing incredibly fast. Our marketing team right now is very small compared to the immense potential we have. Whoever fills this Editorial position is going to be CENTRAL in our ability to grow and achieve 100% revenue growth quickly.
Of course with all this growth comes amazing growth opportunities for you as well. So, in the end, that kind of intensity and potential needs to excite you, we understand that this kind of pace isn't ideal for everyone and that's okay.
- 2-3 years of experience in an email marketing or advertising role.
- General understanding of email marketing and marketing copy.
- Comfortable with analyzing data spreadsheets and making data-driven decisions.
- Ability to work independently and solve problems without persistent guidance from your supervisor.
- Willingness to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work well under deadlines in a changing environment.
- The ability to perform multiple tasks effectively and concurrently is a must!
- Demonstrated ability to think analytically, solve problems, make decisions and use sound judgment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability and desire to understand and discuss new technical concepts.
- Most importantly: The unrelenting desire to achieve new sales and meet aggressive KPIs.
What Makes Lurn Unique & Ready To Explode in Growth?
To start, we’re in the EduTech industry which is one of the fastest-growing industries in the World right now specialized only in Entrepreneurship Education. Actually, not just education – but our Platform allows for Entrepreneurs to connect and network with each other.
At our CORE, we’re a digital publishing company. This means we create courses and publish top-rated experts. We’re already working with World-Renown Experts like Robert Kiyosaki, Daymond John, and many more that are about to be signed. After we publish the course, we build awesome funnels and spread the courses to the world using our internal Email list and also paid to advertise.
Anyway, if all this sounds like your cup of tea then APPLY! We look forward to hearing from you.
COVID-19 ALERT: We plan to remain entirely remote until it is 100% safe to return to our office in Rockville, Maryland. For as long as masks are required and stringent safety measures must be in place simply to be in the same place for long periods, we will operate remotely. We've successfully done this since March 16th, 2020 and are prepared to continue for as long as it takes. Nothing is more important than the safety of our employees and the safety of our community.