Lindblad Expeditions is the pioneer in the Expedition Travel space, from taking the first citizen explorers to Antarctica in 1966, to opening the Galapagos and Easter Island to tourism in 1967, to leading the first tourist expedition through the Northwest Passage in 1984, to launching our innovative partnership with National Geographic in 2004. Now taking nearly 25,000 guests per year to some of the world’s most remote and pristine locations on our fleet of 15 ships, we do whatever it takes to ensure our guests experience the “Exhilaration of Discovery”.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Lindblad Expeditions (LEX) is looking for an Email Marketing Manager who will be responsible for managing email communications to achieve our business goals.
The Email Marketing Manager will be responsible for planning, executing, and reporting of email communications. This person will work will ensure that LEX emails follow industry best practices. The right candidate will have experience in automation, drip campaigns, interactivity, A/B and Multivariate testing and will have a passion for learning about new solutions that help optimize overall email performance. He/she will have a passion for exploring new and creative ways to optimize campaigns by including personalization, targeted segmentation and more. This individual will serve as the LEX subject matter expert and work with various internal teams.
- Define overall strategy with respective KPIs for the email channel
- Work with marketing managers and the creative team from concept to execution
- Oversee email calendar (dates, frequency, subject lines, etc.)
- Segment, build & deploy all emails, reporting on performance and actioning optimization opportunities
- Enhance playbook of triggered email programs by customer/travel agent lifecycle milestone
- Proactively identify “white-space” for triggered CRM opportunities and targeting
- Develop a communication strategy by customer tier and acquisition type, incorporate A/B testing plans
- Improve and monitor email performance and database reporting to support business goals, suggest opportunities for enhancement, incorporating benchmarks and inspiration from competitors
- Share email insights and competitive analysis with the marketing team
- Monitor email deliverability and ensure all campaigns render well across all devices (mobile, desktop, tablet)
- Maximize email capture exposure points online
- Notify stakeholders and trouble-shoot when campaigns are postponed, cancelled and deployed
- Partner with Website Manager on landing pages/other website content
- Partner with Database/Analytics Manager on new segmentation opportunities, customer database statistics, pull lists, etc.
- Manage and own contract negotiations and contract renewals with existing vendors
- Keep up-to-date with marketing trends, best practices and laws such as CAN-SPAM and GDPR
- Contribute to the strategic direction on the use of the CRM application with the Enterprise
- Proven work experience as an Email Marketing Manager
- Experience with Upland Adestra or BlueVenn or other Email Service Providers
- Experience with Moveable Ink, Persado or Segment a plus
- SQL & HTML coding knowledge a plus
- Enthusiastic about technical and creative work with a real appetite for learning
- Familiarity with analytical and database tools
- Experience with understanding interfaces between CRM and ESP Systems
- Understanding what’s possible on the various technology platforms and the ability to educate and integrate the needs of the business, creative and IT teams
- Experience working across and influencing cross-functional teams including IT, Marketing disciplines, vendors/consultants
- Strong interpersonal, partnership and influence management skills
- Superb project management expertise including excellent multi-tasking, prioritization and organization skills
- Comfort within a fast-changing environment
- Hands-on, results-driven mentality
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- 5-7 years related experience managing email/database communications for brands
- Undergraduate degree in communications, marketing, advertising, public relations, media studies, business and/or related fields.
At Lindblad Expeditions, we simply could not do our work without the diverse kaleidoscope of humanity that creates and delivers our remarkable offerings across the planet. As a Company that respects and celebrates the inherent diversity in the places we explore, we recognize the need to mirror that same diversity and all the interconnected perspectives within our organization. We are committed to building a community of different genders, races, ages, sexual orientations, chosen identities, and countries of origin where every person brings their whole self to work and whose skills, talents and abilities are valued. We believe we can explore farther and in a more meaningful way by actively creating a more diverse and inclusive organization where everyone feels they belong.
Lindblad Expeditions is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals seeking employment at Lindblad Expeditions are considered without regards to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.