Lakeshore Learning Materials is one of the most innovative manufacturers of educational materials in the country. Specializing in top-quality products for the home and classroom, we are a thriving multichannel organization with a robust web business, multiple catalogs for early learning and elementary programs, over 60 store locations and a sales force that is second to none. Thanks to the daily contributions of the amazing people who make up our team, Lakeshore has experienced continuous growth since the day it was founded in 1954.
Use your passion for e-mail and text marketing to develop and guide our communication strategy!
We’re currently searching for an experienced E-Mail Marketing Manager with in-depth knowledge of e-mail and text marketing—and a flair for customer acquisition, retention and long-term loyalty! In this hands-on position, you’ll support the Director of Loyalty and Customer Relationship Management in owning and executing Lakeshore’s comprehensive e-mail and text strategy—including leading design and copy reviews, structuring A/B tests, scheduling deliveries and reporting on results. While carrying out day-to-day initiatives, you’ll also develop and manage our overall e-mail and text program to meet the company’s sales growth objectives and deliver highly personalized campaigns to a variety of customer segments. Because you’ll be working with team members from all around the company—from designers and copywriters to IT experts and company executives—a talent for collaboration is a must. The successful candidate will skillfully operate both strategically and tactically in a high-energy, fast-paced environment.
A day at Lakeshore looks like this:
• Creating e-mail and text campaigns by outlining each project’s scope and objectives and developing KPIs to measure each project’s success
• Building and managing the e-mail and text marketing calendar, including scheduling milestone dates for each campaign
• Partnering with our creative teams to manage and oversee all aspects of the e-mail development process, such as briefing the design and copy teams and guiding the creative review
• Managing the daily execution of e-mails and texts—from list and campaign setup in Salesforce Marketing Cloud (SFMC) to quality assurance
• Ensuring delivery against service-level agreements
• Creating a strategy to continually test, analyze and optimize marketing campaigns, including identifying A/B testing opportunities to drive customer conversion
• Identifying areas for process and system improvements and proactively working to find solutions
• Ensuring best practices are followed in all areas of e-mail and text communication—from design and deliverability to reputation management and compliance with CAN-SPAM and GDPR
• Staying current on all policies, practices, trends and technology affecting e-mail and text communication
• Supporting internal technical partners to operate within our current systems and identify, recommend and adopt appropriate technological updates and enhancements
• Utilizing analytical resources (Adobe Analytics, SFMC) to provide weekly and ad hoc reporting
• Measuring reports and analytics against KPIs to identify areas of opportunity
• Identifying audience based on requirements and assisting in data management and list processing
Got the skills and experience? Here’s what we’re looking for:
• 5+ years of e-mail marketing experience, with 1–2 years in a management position
• 3+ years of experience in SFMC required (2.0 preferred)
• In-depth knowledge of e-mail and text communication and distribution techniques that engage customers and drive sales
• Proficient in e-mail coding and programming languages (HTML, CSS, AMPscript, SQL)
• Experience with journey building and e-mail production techniques
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent collaboration and presentation skills
• Detail-oriented, analytical mindset with the ability to interpret and translate technical findings into accessible updates and recommendations for business stakeholders
• Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Excel data manipulation and PowerPoint
• Ability to thrive and quickly pivot in a dynamic environment with evolving processes
And here’s our end of the bargain!
• Competitive compensation based on skills and experience
• Excellent medical/dental and vision coverage—EPO, PPO and HSA
• 401(k) retirement plan with company contribution (because you will retire someday)
• Flexible benefits—choose what you like, ignore the rest
• Exceptional training and support, and all the resources you need to be successful
• Super-awesome annual profit bonus plan
• On-site preschool for our employees’ children
• On-site employee gym for all levels/fitness needs
• Generous employee discount
• Casual dress…and we really mean it
At Lakeshore, we know we couldn’t do the extraordinary things we’re doing without the people on our team. Thanks to the passion and enthusiasm of this spectacular group, Lakeshore is more than a great place to work—it’s a great experience to be part of. Day in and day out, we give everything we’ve got to create products that instill a sense of wonder and foster a true love of learning. To help maintain this high bar for success, we’re constantly on the lookout for people to join us. So if you’re a down-to-earth professional who shares our desire for making a difference, we’d love to hear from you.
To learn more about Lakeshore, visit www.lakeshorelearning.com/careers
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
People are selected to become members of the Lakeshore family based on skill, merit and mind-boggling talent—not based on race, color, creed, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, marital status, domestic partnership status, military status, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, alienage, AIDS or AIDS-related complex status, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status as a victim of domestic violence, physical or mental disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If things aren’t equal, we all lose.