The Email Marketing Manager will own strategy, planning, operations, and analysis of the email and retention marketing strategy supporting Greenlane’s B2C, D2C, B2B businesses and brand marketing initiatives. The Manager should have expertise across various disciplines including email and customer segmentation
strategy, analytics / data storytelling, and consumer behavior. This role is a combination of product and marketing planning, audience insights, analytics, cross-functional partnership, and creative problem solving.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Create the Email strategy, working closely with Creative, Marketing and Brand Management teams to
achieve business objectives.
• Own the execution of all dynamic and promotional email campaign needs, including creative delivery,
campaign rollout, and existing campaign optimizations.
• Lead long-term strategic initiatives, such as personalization, to deliver best in class experience for the
• Develop in audience segmentation and targeting strategy for all communications.
• Own and report out on all email results, sharing weekly and monthly insights with leadership and cross functional teams.
• Manage reporting and analysis to ensure sales, traffic and brand KPIs are met.
• Manage relationships with third party vendors and tools that power our programs, including the
exploration and piloting of new tools.
• Lead the Email marketing team, develop team member skill sets and cultivate talent.
• Manage and grow the SMS program.
• Stay up to date with trends and the competitive landscape in email marketing.
Qualifications & Skills Required
• 5-7 years of related experience, with a combination of at least 2 of these years in Retail or eCommerce.
• Demonstrated ability to influence peers and champion the creation of a best-in-class email program.
• Strategic, analytical, and creative thinker that focuses on results.
• A strong understanding of audience segmentation.
• High degree of internet savvy, with a curiosity and enthusiasm for digital and media trends.
• Excellent problem-solving skills – able to identify, analyze and propose solutions to technical and
• Familiarity with A/B testing plan for subject lines, content, and send times to constantly improve
engagement and total results.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, ambiguous, “self-starter” environment and manage
multiple workstreams simultaneously.
• The ability to use and understand financial and numerical data to make decisions.
• Ability to balance the art and science of brand presentation.
• Ability to work with a cross functional team to achieve targeted KPIs.
• Willingness to set and maintain high standards of performance.
• Proven analytical experience required, expected to provide examples of testing strategies, analyzing results using web analytics, and putting in an action plan for improvement.
• Experience creating reports and presenting to leadership is preferred.
• Experience using Klaviyo a plus.
• Work is performed while standing, sitting and/or walking.