Kin Insurance is on a mission to change home insurance from what it could be to what it should be. We’re proud to offer affordable insurance coverage in areas most impacted by climate change, like Florida, California and Louisiana, that pay more for insurance than anywhere else in America.
We are also proud to be recognized as Built In’s 2021 Best Midsize Companies to Work For in Chicago and Forbes 2021 Best Startup Employers in America. We are growing super fast, and we need forward-thinking, inspired game-changers like you to help lead the way.
So, what’s the role?
The Lifecycle Marketer is key to Kin’s vision of a faster, easier, and more delightful insurance buying experience. The right candidate will have ownership of one of our biggest growing and successful marketing channels and be tasked with growing our database, managing it and cultivating our audience via direct email communications.
This individual will be responsible for thoughtful customer segmentation, driving engagement with our product, educating and warming of leads through their lifecycle, extending the value and retention of customers through post-purchase communication, and leadership of our referral program.
The Lifecycle Marketer will partner with our content and design teams on campaigns and customer experience, lending an analytical, data-centric approach to optimizing customer engagement outcomes.
This is an opportunity to build and own a new function that will have a direct and significant impact on company revenue and growth.
A Day In The Life Could Include
- Development and implementation of an owned email strategy with a direct correlation and attribution to grow our business through leads, sales and renewals.
- Testing, analyzing, and reporting results of email, SMS, and other communication campaigns
- Collaborating with Kin’s Content Director to create and update customer profiles and produce customized content journeys
- Contributing to interdepartmental strategy sessions in preparation of new product launches
- Identifying opportunities to offer our partners’ products and services to Kin’s customers
- Collaborating with the customer service and engineering teams to troubleshoot interactions
I’ve got the skills… but do I have the necessary ones?
- 2+ years ownership of email, SMS, and/or database and lifecycle marketing strategy and operation
- Passion for customer-centric marketing
- Ability to develop programs from scratch Data-focused approach
- Marketing automation platform experience required
- Experience working closely with sales and business development teams
- Channel management experience is a plus
- Experience working at an agile, fast-paced growth-stage company is a plus
- Experience working in financial services is preferred but not required
- Has assisted or managed the selection and implementation of an ESP
Oh, and don’t worry, we’ve got you covered!
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance (including 100% employer-paid plans)
- Remote Work (due to Covid-19) and flexible work hours
- Flexible PTO policy
- Very generous equity options and 401K
- Parental Leave
- Continuing education and professional development
- Disability and Life Insurance
- Onsite gym membership - when we return to the office (Chicago office only)
- The excitement of joining a high-growth Insurtech company and seeing your work make an impact
In an industry that hasn't budged in more than 100 years, our technology transforms the user experience, cuts inefficiencies that waste billions of consumer dollars, and customizes coverage homeowners want. We believe insurance was always meant to be a digital product – we’re making that a reality.
Our approach to the industry makes us unique, and the people at Kin help us excel. We’re a team of problem solvers, collaborators, builders, and dreamers who are passionate about creating positive change in the lives of our customers and in our industry. Kin is more than just our name – it’s how we treat each other. That’s one of the many reasons we’ve been recognized as a great place to work by Built In, Forbes, and Fast Company.
Kin is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We don't just accept difference – we honor it, nurture it, and celebrate it. We don’t discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.