Kickstarter is seeking an experienced Email Marketing Manager to join our Brand Marketing team.
About The Team
The Brand Marketing team at Kickstarter is responsible for brand strategy, go-to-market planning and marketing campaigns, emails and newsletters, communications and press, social media, editorial and content partnerships, and brand design. Brand Marketing also operates Kickstarter’s sister site, The Creative Independent.
Email is a core function of the Kickstarter user experience. We’re passionate about connecting backers with projects they’ll love and supporting our creative community, and leverage the best Marketing technology to do so.
About The Role
This role will execute and manage our email efforts by advancing and improving existing email experiences, expanding into new areas of opportunity, and optimizing our transactional communications that relate to the core product experience. This person will own the email function, with core effort placed on backer and creator engagement, retention, and growth.
Our Email Marketing Manager will be a data and results-oriented marketer. Experience working in Marketing Technology platforms/CRM systems is a must, along with a growth mindset and a deep understanding and passion for experimentation. This role will sit on the Brand Marketing team, but will work alongside Product, Outreach, Insights, and Design teams to develop and execute strategies across our email channels. This position will report directly to our Director of Marketing.
In This Role, You Will
- Own email as a function at Kickstarter, from identifying and deploying improvements to current email journeys to branching out into new, powerful areas of opportunity.
- Know Kickstarter’s email performance metrics like the back of your hand, and actively strive for improvement. You’ll be the in-house expert on email marketing performance metrics and deliverability, ensuring that our email program is top-notch.
- Act as a reliable partner for Kickstarter’s Sr. Brand Manager by owning the email portion of larger go-to-market plans.
- Manage additional growth marketing channels alongside email promotions, including push notifications and homepage promotional spaces.
- Work with stakeholders across teams and use strong judgement to balance various needs, from driving revenue through email to representing Kickstarter’s brand and mission.
- Collaborate within the Brand Marketing team to ensure that our email program is working hand in hand with other channel strategies, including social, press, and editorial efforts.
- You have extensive experience working in the Digital Marketing space, with a focus on email as a channel.
- You have worked extensively with Marketing Automation software/CRM platforms.
- You’re able to build emails using HTML and CSS, in accordance with modern email marketing techniques and platform standards.
- You have a deep understanding of how to design and implement multivariate tests specific to email.
- You have experience understanding and educating others on email health and deliverability. You are up to date with email compliance regulations and know how to keep email lists clean and engaged.
- You enjoy problem solving and working with stakeholders across the organization to support innovative initiatives.
- You thrive in a collaborative environment and are always open to giving and receiving feedback.
- You’re extremely organized and handle multiple timelines and calendars without missing a beat.
Kickstarter is an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to fight for equality, we work to ensure a fair and consistent interview process. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to an inclusive work environment.
Kickstarter is a Public Benefit Corporation, and our mission is to help bring creative projects to life. We measure our success as a company by how well we achieve that mission, not by the size of our profits. In our charter, we spell out our mission, our values, and the commitments we have made to pursue them.