Kentik is the network observability company. Our platform is a must-have for the network front line, whether digital business, corporate IT, or service provider. Network professionals turn to the Kentik Network Observability Cloud to plan, run, and fix any network, relying on our infinite granularity, AI-driven insights, and insanely fast search. Kentik makes sense of network, cloud, host, and container flow, Internet routing, performance tests, and network metrics. We show network pros what they need to know about their network performance, health, and security to make their business-critical services shine. Networks power the world’s most valuable companies, and those companies trust Kentik. Market leaders like IBM, Box, and Zoom rely on Kentik for network observability. Visit us at kentik.com and follow us at @kentikinc.
The true meaning of Kentik is visibility. We are committed to making sure everyone feels empowered to use their voice, has a sense of belonging and is represented at Kentik. We don’t look for individuals who fit the culture, but those who will continue to add to the culture. We encourage everyone to apply, especially those individuals who are underrepresented in the industry: people of color, LGBTQI+ community, women, individuals with disabilities (both seen and unseen), veterans, people of any age or family status.
About The Role
Our Email Marketing Manager is the front line for Kentik’s prospect and customer communications. You will build, drive and execute the overall email strategy, throughout the buyer journey. Creating multi-tiered messaging streams to acquire or retain customers across several business segments, product solutions and buyer personas with distinct demographics and use cases. You are excited about aligning the right content and visual strategy through the buyer journey and thrive in a fast paced environment. You will be fundamental to moving campaigns from concept to deployable product and translating campaign outcomes into data that can be analyzed and used to optimize future campaigns.
- Oversee the deployment of all marketing emails to support newsletter subscribers, events, announcements (both internal and external) including, but not limited to, email set-up, segmentation, scheduling, testing, and deployment; this includes one-time, recurring, triggered, and dynamic content campaigns
- Manage daily email operations: design and build email nurture streams, launch calendars, database segmentation, system testing & troubleshooting, copywriting, email production, deploy, optimize and A/B test emails and landing pages to maximize conversions
- In partnership with Marketing Operations Manager, develop and manage all email lists for consistent and cohesive messaging strategy and optimal use of inventory
- Understand segmentation strategies and when appropriate, build new segmentation to optimize results
- Ensure a consistent experience across communication channels
- Develop and maintain KPI reporting to monitor and improve the performance of the email marketing channel
- Work with other members of the team to ensure email strategy complements and amplifies all marketing initiatives
- Create and implement strategies for list growth, increased engagement, and increased ROI
- 3+ years in the following:
- Strong understanding of B2B email marketing concepts and KPIs
- Strong knowledge of email marketing setup and optimization using best practices, from subject line to email structure, all crafted to drive performance
- Strong analytical skills, a data-driven approach, using results to support strategy is a must
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel is required
- Email (Marketo, Hubspot, etc.)
- Running A/B, multivariate tests (Optimizely, Google)
- Designing Lead Generation Funnels (Leadpages, Unbounce, Optinmonster)
- Optimizing and creating email templates with basic HTML and CSS
- Working with global customers and colleagues
- Clear and concise copywriter with core understanding of conversion optimization
- Capacity to find and nurture demographic synergies into paid customers
- Knowledge of how different online marketing channels (affiliate, organic, paid, social, lead gen, etc.) fit together
- Highly organized with the ability to work on divergent projects with cross-functional teams
- Strong communicator with the ability to collaborate well with cross-functional teams
- Must be a self-starter, willing to take initiative, multi-task and drive results
- Knowledge of CAN-SPAM and email deliverability best practices
- Medical, Dental, and Vision that is 100% covered for employees & dependents
- Health Reimbursement Account
- Wellness Benefits
- Maternity/Paternity leave
- Stock Options
- Flexible time offVanguard 401(k)
Why work at Kentik?
We offer a competitive salary, first-rate benefits and the chance to work at a fast-growing, well-funded startup that builds something special: the industry's most powerful observability platform for the network professional. You will have the opportunity to work alongside world-class engineers, network experts, and technology thought leaders to build the future of digital operations. Kentik is headquartered in San Francisco with team members around the world.