The Fellowship is an organization of bridge builders whose vision is that Jews and Christians will reverse their 2000-year history of discord and replace it with a relationship marked by dialogue, understanding, respect and cooperation. Together we are able to help more than a million Jews in need each year. Our success is built on a culture that celebrates the differences in who we are, what we have experienced, and how we think. We are looking for an Email Automation Manager to join our team in Chicago and share in our growth and success.
Email Marketing Manager
Newly created career opportunity to ensure the tactical implementation and coordination of email automations and special initiatives to support IFCJ’s strategic plan. To assist Middle, Major, Planned Giving and Retention teams to achieve department and integrated goals. To steward current and new email automations to ensure ongoing optimization and functionality.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Managing implementation of projects that take automations and special projects to the next level of customization, personalization, donor stewardship, and functionality in accordance with the integrated marketing and fundraising plans and organizational priorities
- Collaborating with strategy, creative and content teams in developing effective messaging strategies and creating donor-centric, compelling emails while implementing industry best practices
- Analyzing campaign and project results against key performance indicators and goals as set by channel leadership based on organizational priorities
- Work with Analytics and Channel Managers to maintain and QA automation health, hierarchy, and data accuracy.
- Provide hands-on project and campaign management, taking a strategy and facilitating all necessary campaign elements including copy, tracking codes, business requirements, technical elements, and email build.
- Provide oversight and support to email marketing associate including professional development, prioritizing workload, and project management
- Ensure appropriate capacity for strategies and tactics that support organizational and channel goals.
- Build process for new initiatives and standard protocols.
Knowledge And Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or similar discipline or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience of measurable success in marketing with focus on email marketing and strategy implementation in a nonprofit environment, preferred
- Excellent project/time management skills – the ability to create timelines based on deadlines, delegate effectively, and be hands-on
- Previous experience incorporating A/B testing as part of campaign and strategy development, preferred
- At least 3 years of experience managing and coaching a team to success
- Strong, hands-on experience and knowledge of email platforms and analytics tools as well as other digital marketing technology. Experience with Email Service Providers (ESP) like Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Mail Chimp, etc. highly desired
- Intermediate level proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Demonstrated self-starter and able to independently move projects forward, organize and prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines with excellent attention to detail managing multiple priorities in a rapidly changing environment
- Understanding of the Evangelical Christian market with the ability to edit campaign copy that speaks to this audience, preferred
- Well-developed analytical skills; ability to translate strategy into tactical execution. Ability to make sound recommendations
- Ability to collaborate across departments to achieve desired outcomes for communication strategies
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization. Strong proofreading skills
Come and experience all that The Fellowship offers, including the ability for you to make a living and make a difference in a positive, friendly work environment. We have great benefits, team members and are centrally located in downtown Chicago. Submit your resume and salary requirements so that your journey in helping others through The Fellowship’s mission can begin. Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)