The Email Marketing Manager is a well-rounded digital specialist who is passionate about creativity and data, and has the ability to mix art and science to execute against business objectives. You understand how digital marketing facilitates a connection to our members and enables our voice to the industry. You understand the roles of each channel and the strategic value they add to successful digital marketing campaigns.
You enjoy implementing email marketing & CRM campaigns, conducting analytical work and are highly competent with the tools and techniques required to execute. You actively seek new revenue-generating opportunities and always look for ways to bring value to IAB members. You enjoy working across many different parts of the business and are a skilled communicator who is confident when presenting recommendations, discussing opportunities, and engaging senior business team members.
This role is an integral member of the Marketing Team. It is responsible for providing day-to-day strategic oversight and guidance on email marketing programs as well as driving the execution of email marketing tactics, from planning through deployment and analysis, across the organization based on direction provided by the marketing leads and strategic business partners. The email marketing lead will develop the email roadmap to successfully engage the marketplace with IAB messaging and improve our engagement with members. They will design an audience-first approach to developing best practices for frequency and messaging prioritization, and act as a connector between our campaigns and CRM strategies.
Job Responsibilities (include, but are not limited to):
- Creates annual email marketing plans, calendaring, send cadences and frequency
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams to develop strategy, execute email campaigns, ensuring campaign accuracy, effectiveness, and adherence to data-driven best practices
- Works with marketing leads to prioritize strategic and departmental email marketing projects and initiatives to deliver KPIs
- Manages ongoing campaigns by coordinating the email calendar with the overall marketing calendar, including monitoring to prevent over-mailing or violations in compliance
- Analyzes overall email performance, makes recommendations to optimize email campaigns in real-time and provides actionable insight for ongoing data-led optimization. As part of this, develops a monthly report and presents to the Marcom team.
- Manages the list segmentation process for email campaign deployment, including identifying standard list segments, targeting personas, and automated campaigns
- Champions continuous advancement of email marketing capabilities including targeting, personalization, and creative development
- Troubleshoots delivery issues and works closely with team members and partners to ensure IAB’s email marketing reputation remains in good standing
- Acts as back up for the Social and Website Marketing Leads and cross-trains on those platforms
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Skills:
- Bachelor’s’ degree or higher
- 3-5 years' experience executing B2B digital and email marketing campaigns at a major media or ad technology company
- Experience creating annual email marketing plans, schedules, and send cadences with knowledge of the regulatory side of email marketing including GDPR
- Excellent creative and business writer with a knack for short-form storytelling and commitment to delivering high-quality, error-free work
- Ability to plan and prioritize multiple email marketing programs and deliver against goals and deadlines
- Ability to understand and analyze email metrics including deliverability, opens, clicks and conversions
- Ability to work well under tight deadlines, prioritize projects and keep teams informed on project status
- Experience with SalesForce and Marketo
- Working knowledge of web page creation with CMS experience (WordPress or other)
- Excellent written communication skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office and MacOS
- Strong presentation skills and time management abilities
- Outstanding problem-solving abilities and analytical skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
The Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) empowers the media and marketing industries to thrive in the digital economy. Its membership comprises more than 650 leading media companies, brands, and the technology firms responsible for selling, delivering, and optimizing digital ad marketing campaigns. The trade group fields critical research on interactive advertising, while also educating brands, agencies, and the wider business community on the importance of digital marketing. In affiliation with the IAB Tech Lab, IAB develops technical standards and solutions. IAB is committed to professional development and elevating the knowledge, skills, expertise, and diversity of the workforce across the industry. Through the work of its public policy office in Washington, D.C., the trade association advocates for its members and promotes the value of the interactive advertising industry to legislators and policymakers. Founded in 1996, IAB is headquartered in New York City.