Founded in 2016 by childhood friends and business partners Ryan Hogan and Derrick Smith, Hunt A Killer is a fast-growing entertainment company that disrupts conventional storytelling and delivers immersive, interactive entertainment experiences to over 100,000 subscribers worldwide.
Hunt A Killer started as a single event, blending the concepts of escape room, interactive theater and live entertainment by immersing participants in a 200-acre living crime scene. From that first foray into entertainment we learned invaluable lessons, including how to truly immerse our audience in our experiences and the importance of learning from our audience. Hunt A Killer pivoted in October 2016 and launched our flagship monthly subscription box to 56 subscribers. Hunt A Killer has continued to learn and grow, evolving its products and distribution model to double our business year-over-year. Today we ship 150,000 episodic and complete mystery game boxes direct to consumers each month and sell purpose-built games through retail channels. In 2019, Hunt A Killer was named one of Fast Company’s World’s Most Innovative Companies, and in 2020, we placed 6th in the INC 5000 Fastest-Growing Companies.
Hunt A Killer is now working on additional ways to distribute its revolutionary content including licensing and digital channels, so that even more people can experience our stories. With this in mind and a course set for the horizon, we continue building a diverse team of creative decision-makers.
Hunt A Killer is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. Our goal is to build a great team – with a great team, we can accomplish anything!
About The Role
We are seeking a full-time Email Marketing Manager to join our Seattle-based team!Reporting directly to the Director of Lifecycle Marketing, the Email Marketing Manager will be responsible for end-to-end email production—from conception to deployment. The ideal candidate will be prepared to engage with multiple audiences as related to our core Hunt A Killer: Mystery product as well as Hunt A Killer: Horror. Applicants should have at least 2 years of email marketing experience. Success in this role requires a strong focus on conversion rate optimization in email. Experience with a D2C or subscription company is a plus. Marketers without prior, email-specific marketing experience will not be considered.
You're Thrilled About This Role Because You Will
- Define audience segments for one-off campaigns and flow-based drip campaigns. Create new email flows and implement improved logic within existing email series.
- Create and deliver new email concepts, split tests, and ideas.
- Proactively identify opportunities to grow business, improve customer experience, and send more relevant messaging.
- Partner with marketing teammates to implement strategic initiatives via email.
- Write compelling email copy and subject lines that increase key KPIs including revenue, and click-through rate.
- Build email code within existing templates, test, and deploy within our email platform(s).
- Stay up-to-date with email marketing best practices, including an ongoing commitment to learn and implement new best practices as the format evolves.
- Report on results during weekly marketing meetings.
WE'RE THRILLED TO WELCOME YOU TO THE TEAM BECAUSE YOU HAVE
- 2+ years of experience in email marketing specifically, preferably managing multiple brands/audiences for a consumer-facing business. Candidates without a dedicated email marketing background will not be considered
- Proven track record of driving bottom-line revenue and customer retention through email marketing. Please come prepared with relevant examples.
- Background writing HTML + CSS specifically for email and within the often arcane limitations presented by the email environment. Familiarity using Litmus or Email on Acid to QA email renderings.
- Experience using Klaviyo is a plus.
- An understanding of email deliverability and how reputation is impacted by list maintenance, SPF/DKIM/DMARC authentications, and message engagement.
- Demonstrated experience with A/B testing and drip email optimization.
- Ability to partner with teams and stakeholders across an organization in order to achieve shared goals.
- Familiarity with using marketing automation to send triggered messaging.
- Self-starter with strong interpersonal and multi-tasking abilities. You must be comfortable working autonomously, but not afraid to ask questions when necessary.
- Capable of analyzing performance against key objectives and understanding why a given initiative met (or didn’t meet) expectations.
- Comfortable operating in an agile environment, utilizing project management software (Jira, Trello, Asana) to track progress.
- Willingness to contribute toward additional marketing needs as applicable.
- Ability to thrive in a high-pressure, fast-paced startup environment.
YOU'LL LOVE HUNT A KILLER BECAUSE WE
- Are passionate about innovations in entertainment and are obsessed with member satisfaction
- Offer competitive compensation, comprehensive health, dental and vision, and 401k with matching
- Believe in time off, and encourage as much
- Solve complex problems on a daily basis