HOMER has a newly created opportunity for an exceptional Email Marketing Manager to join our energetic, growing team. This role will be based in our NYC office (will be remote until the office reopens). You will have an immediate and visible impact on email marketing initiatives that touch the lives of parents and teachers across the globe. Reporting into the Director of CRM, Lifecycle Marketing, you will help manage the entire email creation process from design to coding, development, QA and launch for all email touchpoints throughout the customer journey such as win back, upsell, cart abandonment and transactional emails.
HOMER, a BEGiN brand, is the proven early learning program that provides the best educational start possible. We offer personalized, fun, and proven learning products for kids ages 2-8 to help build confidence, mastery, and a love of learning. We are deeply committed to our members and to their children, and we are building a creative and strategic team to develop a portfolio of early learning products that support learning everywhere.
- Work closely with our Director of CRM and cross functionally with our creative, product and child development teams to develop best in class email marketing campaigns and automations
- Work closely with our design team to develop email campaigns and automations
- Code, develop, QA and launch emails in a fast paced environment
- QA emails across all isps, mobile and web browsers ensuring all links, images, subject lines, and list segments are accurate and working properly
- Create emails with best email practices such as proper image to text ratios, image sizing, font sizing, segmentation strategies, etc.
- Set up A/B subject line, creative and copy tests across all email activations
- Analyze results and KPIs of all email activations
- Optimize email creative for mobile first and desktop browsers
- Segment lists based on behaviors (e.g., past email engagement, app interactions, user level attributes, etc.)
- Develop and maintain email marketing calendar for company wide visibility
- 5+ years of experience working in email marketing role
- Proficient knowledge of HTML and ability to edit on the fly
- Proficient knowledge of best A/B testing practices
- Knowledge email best practices, CAN-SPAM and CCPA
- Knowledge of best email deliverability practices
- High attention to detail
- Experience with content personalization, liquid logic, etc.
- Experience with email campaign management tools (ESPs, CRMs)
- Ability to code emails from scratch in HTML
- Previous experience using Braze
- Previous experience using email deliverability tools such as Return Path or 250OK
- Previous experience using Email on Acid
- GDPR Knowledge
We Like People Who:
- Are scrappy and entrepreneurial with the ability to turnaround high-quality projects quickly
- Love solving problems
- Are open to suggestions, collaborative, and thrive in team environments
- Consistently open to learning
What You’ll Get:
- HOMER offers competitive compensation including equity and full benefits
- Smart, passionate, and engaged co-workers
- Excellent top-tier Medical/Dental/Vision benefits
- The chance to have a big impact, quickly
- The rare opportunity to make a dent in the universe. We’re bringing a love of reading and learning to children globally
HOMER is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. HOMER does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.