Since our launch in 2020, we have moved over $21+M in donations to more than 2,300 nonprofits across the country from 50,000 Giving Circle members. We’re the platform partner of Philanthropy Together, the global giving circle initiative backed by the Gates Foundation and many others including Charity Navigator, Giving Compass, Idealist, and more. If you’ve never heard of a Giving Circle before, check them out in the NYT, Fast Company, and Refinery29 or watch this recent TED Talk! We have top tier funders supporting our mission, including Notation Capital, PJC, Ulu Ventures, Alex Chung (founder of Giphy), and David Heath (founder of Bombas).
Who we are looking for:
We’re a team of good people doing great things. Our team culture is built on openness, intentionality, collaboration, and spirit. We are seeking an email marketing manager experienced in scaling email outreach as a key acquisition tool.
B2C cold email marketing:
- Develop and execute cold email marketing campaigns that support our company's growth goals and objectives, including user acquisition, engagement, and retention.
- Own end-to-end execution of cold email marketing campaigns, including planning, scheduling, testing, and optimizing campaigns for maximum performance.
- Monitor and analyze email campaign performance using analytics tools and provide insights to optimize campaigns.
- Improve deliverability as we continue to scale cold email outreach. Ensure compliance with email marketing regulations and best practices.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure consistency of messaging and campaign execution across all marketing channels.
- Develop and implement segmentation strategies to deliver targeted messaging to specific user groups.
- Continuously explore new cold email marketing tactics and technologies to improve campaign performance and stay ahead of industry trends.
- Centralize cold email outreach to one platform (Sendgrid).
- Track email marketing budget and tooling/resource needs.
- Keep track of a backlog of giving circle ideas and create new giving circles that you will be driving new users to.
- Manage lead identification and marketing support team members.
- Track lead generation tooling/resource needs and budget.
Other marketing email campaigns:
- Build and manage email marketing automation workflows to increase engagement and drive conversions. Including new user onboarding emails, automated emails for inbound leads, and email campaigns to convert warm leads.
Qualities of a successful candidate:
- 3+ years of experience in email marketing, preferably in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Demonstrated success in scaling cold email marketing campaigns to 1M+ emails per month for early-stage startups, focusing on deliverability and conversions.
- Experience in lead identification and qualification.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with experience writing compelling email copy.
- In-depth understanding of email marketing best practices, segmentation, A/B testing, and analytics.
- Proficiency with email marketing automation tools such as Apollo, Sendgrid, Reply.io, HubSpot, and Customer.io..
- Proficiency with lead generation tools such as Evaboots, Zerobounce, Sales Navigator, etc.
- Strong analytical skills with experience using analytics tools such as Google Analytics, or Amplitude.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong team management skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Competitive and goal-oriented
- Experience in philanthropy (as nonprofit professional or at a company serving nonprofits or donors)
- Enthusiasm for disrupting the status quo to make the world better!
What’s in it for you?
In addition to a terrific team of people and supportive structure, we offer exciting growth opportunities and the ability to make a positive difference in the world.