Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Atlanta, GA, USA; New York, NY, USA; San Francisco, CA, USA
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- 3 years of experience in email marketing
- Experience in email best practices (i.e., segmentation, customer journeys, and multivariate testing)
- Experience with email marketing automation campaigns and tools such as Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Adobe Experience Cloud, Marketo, etc.
- Experience working with cross-functional, geographically dispersed teams, and campaign localization
- Experience writing SQL queries and pulling data from relational databases
- Analytical skills with experience in optimizing email programs to drive overall company goals and metrics
- Organizational skills with attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and work well in an environment with competing demands
- HTML/CSS email development skills
- Proficiency in one enterprise email and marketing automation tool
About The Job
Developer Marketing is focused on driving the success of Google's developer platforms, such as Android, Google Assistant, AR/VR, and others, by delivering global, scalable programs, events and creative marketing campaigns to engage software engineers and developers. You will have a passion for innovative software technology and an understanding of how developers use our APIs and tools to achieve business growth. Working closely with other product marketing managers, engineers, designers, and others to own, drive, and execute a wide range of marketing initiatives.
As Email Marketing Manager, you will lead developer email and platform messaging operations to help drive awareness and adoption for Google’s developer tools and best practices.
In this role, you will work closely with stakeholders across marketing, product, policy, support, and engineering to develop and deliver high quality and timely communications. You will own the email process, end-to-end, from design to deployment and finally measurement and reporting with support from an in-house vendor team. You will support the team in our efforts towards lifecycle marketing and automation.
Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google's products solve the world's problems--from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can--changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
- Partner with a cross-functional stakeholder team from marketing, product, engineering, and policy to develop email campaign plans, audience lists, and execution strategy.
- Partner with lifecycle marketing lead to perform customer analysis, segmentation, reporting formats, and analyze performance and communicate results.
- Oversee all outbound developer email campaign operations including creative development, production, localization, deployment, and performance reporting.
- Leverage modern email tools, both third-party and in-house, to continually increase campaign performance.
- Manage in-house agency vendor team responsible for delivery of campaign assets (e.g., creative and production) and lead quarterly business reviews.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form .