Unbox a better lawn. We’re a venture-funded, Boulder-based startup that’s reinventing the lawn and garden space through a lens of e-commerce and technology. Our approachable, data-driven service and products help Americans in every state turn their yards into verdant, sustainable ecosystems, without all the toxic stuff. (Think Method Home meets StitchFix for Lawns.)
We are backed by a group of top-tier investors and advisors, and following our Series B raise, we are looking for the right people to grow our core team. Together, we will redefine an industry by continuing to build cutting-edge products that help people and the environment.
We are looking for an experienced and proven Email Marketing Manager to be our in-house expert on Email Marketing strategy and execution, obsessed with driving best-of-breed performance. You will plan and execute both email acquisition and lifecycle marketing projects with the goal of building greater loyalty and increasing LTV amongst Sunday’s consumers. You will help build on strategies to build up our leads list, acquire new customers, upsell existing customers, retain our active customers, identify unmet customer needs, and ensure personalization and customization is leveraged across our customer profile segments.
This is an opportunity to come in at the ground level of a fast-paced startup, directly impact the company’s trajectory, and be a key contributor to a team that’s changing an industry for the better.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Own the execution and reporting for all Email initiatives (including campaign set-up, audience creation, coding, QA and deployment)
- Oversee and execute trigger and lifecycle emails, developing programs for upsell and cross-sell opportunities, win-back campaigns, and drip campaigns while keeping pace with industry trends and customer expectations
- Implement strategies for acquisition as well as increased engagement, retention, and revenue
- Work closely with our growth team to build our leads list and accelerate our referral program
- Create comprehensive reports on Email performance to demonstrate progress on cohort retention and revenue growth
- Monitor and maintain deliverability rate, unsubscribe rate and other key metrics
- Maintain a testing schedule, ensure mobile/responsive optimization and assist in creative enhancements that will keep our channel innovative and competitive
- Serve as key liaison for vendor relationships (including email service providers, personalization vendors, and deliverability solutions); communicate business priorities and manage project timelines to ensure initiatives are launched on-time and on-budget
- Support team and peers throughout executional workstreams, including but not limited to updating wireframes and messaging calendars, effectively partnering with creative team, reviewing emails and tests prior to deployment, and assisting in planned and ad hoc reporting and analyses
- 3+ years of relevant experience in email and digital marketing
- Exceptional understanding of all aspects of email marketing
- Experience with CDPs a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Retail/e-commerce experience at a consumer-facing brand strongly preferred
- Strong analytical skills and a proven track record of working with data to drive email campaign ideation and business results
Prior knowledge or experience in lawns and gardens not required. We're excited and proud of our new approach to this industry, and thus are looking for talent from a wide range of backgrounds to bring fresh, new perspectives!
Other Skills and Qualifications
- Key characteristics: detail-oriented, assiduous, kpi driven, positive, collaborative, flexible, transparent, passion for learning, and empathetic
- Ability to prioritize and drive many projects simultaneously with sense of urgency
- Roll up the sleeves, positive, can-do spirit! You look forward to being part of a small, scrappy team and are willing to pitch in with whatever needs to get done
- Strategic thinker with intellectual curiosity
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Be a core member of a small, focused, innovative team
- Help make critical decisions that will drive success
- Health, Dental, Vision Benefits: covering employee premiums 100%; spouse/family 50%
- Unlimited PTO
- 401(k) program
- Location: Boulder, CO or Los Angeles, CA
Startup jobs aren't for everyone. They’re often demanding, frantic, unstructured, and unpredictable. If you're still interested, tell us why! We’re looking forward to hearing from you
As a company rooted in nature, we deeply understand the benefits of diversity. We work to build a culture that attracts a diverse mix of talented people to help us bring lawn care out of the dark ages. We are committed to building a diverse, vibrant team that brings determination and passion to our work everyday.