* This role is remote with the expectations of moving to some on-site responsibilities as needed.
The email marketing manager is responsible for taking the awareness of Galvanize offerings and products to the next level. This Manager is the go-to-expert, leading the day-to-day management of all aspects of email marketing campaigns, including initial planning, implementation, monitoring, optimization, analysis, and reporting.
This is a performance marketing role focused on developing efficient, high-scale campaigns that target KPIs and drive results. The ideal candidate is someone with not only the necessary experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud, but also someone who is passionate about marketing and excels in a fast-paced and dynamic organization.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Oversee email communication strategy and execution for all lines of business
- Optimize our marketing automation and lead nurturing processes through effective email content, creative and messaging
- Consistently test and refine to continuously improve email open rates and conversions
- Offer strategic insights into how to improve email engagement through content and email delivery
- Manage all email lists and ensure leads are added in a timely manner to appropriate segments
- Work with product marketing managers to implement strategic campaigns, provide valuable feedback on message, creative and performance.
- Develop and manage marketing reporting and dashboards combining data from relevant sources such as Google Analytics and Salesforce
- Lead the development and optimization of targeted weekly branded newsletters for different teams and target audiences across the organization; i.e. membership, data scientists, web developers, entrepreneurs, alumni...etc.
- Drive email acquisition and work to increase list size for all target customers
- Work and maintain relationships with various email internal support teams, contractors, and vendors including copy, design, and Salesforce
- Track and report weekly email campaign metrics (open rate, click‐thru, list size, unsubscribes, etc.)
- Oversee continued email deliverability and inbox placement
- Ensure legal compliance for all email communications including unsubscribe, opt-in, etc
- Contribute to marketing wide journey mapping and execution
- Work with various marketing channels on cross-channel campaigns including social, paid search, and SEM
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no formal supervisory responsibilities.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- 3+ years experience of large scale and detail-oriented email marketing
- Experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud
OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Deep understanding of Marketing Cloud and the Salesforce ecosystem
- Ability to create and re-style email templates with HTML and CSS using a text editor
- Data analytics and reporting experience specifically with Marketing Cloud and Google Analytics
- Strong understanding of email legal compliance and best practices
- Experience with marketing automation as it relates to email
- Ability to use SQL to change/edit existing Salesforce queries in Marketing Cloud strongly preferred
- Proven ability of long term achievement and critical thinking in a fast-changing and demanding environment
- Communication skills: the ability to listen first, then the ability to effectively communicate in writing and verbally
- Ability to work with many different internal teams and stakeholders on a wide variety of email initiatives
- A love for learning and improving upon backend and technical email systems
The above job is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. All employment is “at-will” as governed by the law of the state where the employee works. It is further understood that the “at-will” nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an authorized officer.