At Fruition, we lead the digital marketing field by delivering sales and leads to our middle market clients. Join Fruition as an Email Marketing Manager. The ideal team member is passionate about email marketing while bringing a broader understanding of integrated campaigns to work on a cross functional integrated team. The Email Marketing Manager partners closely with other internal teams to develop customer centric campaigns based on analytics and behavior. You drive strategy for and manage complex email marketing campaigns maximizing client revenue/conversions, brand awareness and loyalty. You will keep a pulse on industry trends and best practices for targeting, content, execution and analytics.
The Email Marketing Manager focuses on 5-10 accounts per month while providing support and strategy discussions across the marketing team. The ideal candidate possesses strong communications skills, is flexible in a fast-paced environment, and recommends new ideas and processes to his/her supervisor and other team members.
Specific job responsibilities include:
- Manage client email marketing campaigns from beginning to end, including strategy planning, set-up, targeting, testing, execution, optimization, testing and reporting, while adhering to deadlines.
- Collaborate with the creative, development and digital marketing teams to manage and optimize the design concepts, layout, functionality and content of all client email communications.
- Develop and maintain annual / quarterly email marketing calendars for clients.
- Manage email database health and maximize geographic and demographic segmentation for multiple accounts.
- Analyze data and provide actionable recommendations to deliver continuous improvements to client email campaigns.
- Identify, test and implement new strategies to improve click through, open and conversion rates.
- Drive and manage A/B testing campaigns.
- Monitor and minimize unsubscribe/bounce/complaint rates and ensure spam regulation compliance (e.g. CAN-SPAM).
- Work with marketing teams to report weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually on campaign performance and established KPIs.
- Participate in client meetings and presentations to present strategy proposals and reporting
- Assist sales team with new email marketing proposals and grow email marketing service area revenue
- Assist with internal email marketing initiatives
- Mentoring junior email marketing managers to establish company best practice
- Collaborate with account directors, account managers and other members of the account team to create email strategies that contribute to other marketing campaigns
- Communicating in a timely and efficient manner with account managers, clients and any external agencies who are party to ongoing campaigns
- Actively stay abreast of trends, best practices and standards by researching and participating in training
Required Key Skills and Education
- BS in Business or a related field
- 3-5 years experience as an email marketing manager or specialist
- Proficiency in marketing automation technology
- Experience managing marketing programs that are held to a specific CPL, CPA, LTV, MRR and ARR KPIs
- Experience with multiple ESPs such as Marketo, Mailchimp and Constant Contact
- Provide specialized expertise for the marketing discipline across acquisition, retention, churn management, deliverability and CAN-SPAM compliance
- Lead A/B testing, performance optimization and campaign enhancement efforts
- Knowledge of SEO/SEM, Data Studio and Google Analytics,
- Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to manage details, efficient work habits, and overall flexibility
- Excellent written communication and copywriting skills
- Must be able to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Self-starter approach to work, with an eagerness to consistently meet and exceed objectives and willingness to take on additional responsibility
- Work/Life Balance – opportunities for flex schedule and remote work
- Flexible Paid Time Off Policy (no pre-set limits)
- Health insurance including medical, dental, and vision (partial employer-paid medical)
- Life insurance, short- and long-term disability, and supplemental voluntary benefits
- 401(k) with company match
- Parental Leave
- Ongoing training and development
- Employee social and fundraising events
- $60,000-$80,000 total annual base salary plus bonus, commensurate with experience, skills, education and/or training