About The Job:
Who We Are:
Hi, we’re Formations, a Seattle-based startup reimagining financial management for self-employed professionals. If you’ve ever run your own business or know someone who has, then you know it’s challenging enough without the added pressure of having to become an expert in taxes, accounting, and financial planning. Instead of being rewarded for taking the entrepreneurial risk of striking out on their own, the independent workforce in the U.S. forgoes almost all the benefits afforded to full-time corporate employees and gets hit with a self-employment tax to boot. That’s where we come in.
What We Do:
At Formations, we’re developing the first comprehensive product to automate business incorporation, expense tracking, payroll, and benefit allocations. With our technology and team of financial experts by their side, self-employed professionals will have the playbook and tools needed to focus on growing their business while saving thousands on annual taxes, achieving financial well-being, and securing their futures.
As the Email Marketing Manager, you will lead strategy, execution, and reporting across our most valuable channel. On the customer side, your goal will be to identify, attract, educate, and drive pipeline growth and retention across relevant verticals by crafting meaningful and personalized communications at the moment of greatest impact. You will also lay the foundation for, and deliver internal communications, creating a consistent flow of information throughout the company, which will be critical to solidifying culture and keeping our team unified as we scale.
The Great Resignation sparked a movement for the self-employed and this is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing team on a mission to maximize the financial and personal well-being of independent workers.
- Be the subject matter expert for all email and SMS marketing activities, ensuring brand consistency and best practices in all communications
- Own email and SMS marketing strategy, segmentation, execution, and automation for customer, partner, and internal communications
- Work collaboratively with key stakeholders in sales, customer success, product, fulfillment, and operations to connect the dots between strategic objectives and execution
- Manage external agency partners as needed
- Establish and manage targeting and list segmentation strategies
- Develop customer journeys based on segmentation, personas, and objectives
- Map customer journeys across full lifecycle, defining multi-channel touch points, highlighting areas of friction, and identifying engagement and conversion opportunities
- Define relevant and actionable KPIs
- Daily management and maintenance of HubSpot CRM
- Measure, analyze, and optimize campaigns, incorporating behavioral insights where possible
- Deliver weekly email/SMS marketing reports, analysis, and recommendations (update reports/dashboards as needed)
- Provide recommendations based on trends and insights across customer verticals, fintech, current marketing/creative best practices, tech stack, and cultural movements
- Ensure compliance with consumer protection laws (CAN-SPAM, CCPA, TCPA, GDPR, CASL, etc.)
What You Bring to Formations:
- Degree in Marketing, other relevant field, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of email marketing experience developing automated and personalized campaigns and triggered workflows (The ideal candidate has similar SMS experience)
- Deep technical knowledge of email/SMS best practices and A/B testing methodologies
- Strong knowledge and experience working in HubSpot
- Experience using web analytics and optimization tools, especially Google Analytics
- Creative Cloud or Canva experience preferred
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS preferred
- Collaborative with strong communication skills and an ability to work across teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management and prioritization skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail
- Growth mindset with an inclination to experiment
- Startup or Fintech experience preferred
What We Offer:
This full-time position offers a competitive base salary and benefits package. We go above and beyond in our commitment to our staff's health, well-being, and happiness by also offering flexible paid time away from work, weekly team culture events, and other surprise perks throughout the year.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
About Formations Corp
Founded in 2019, Formations Corp is a FinTech startup based in Bellevue, WA. We're on a mission to help self-employed individuals maximize their financial and personal well-being.
Self-employed owners start their businesses to focus on their clients and their impact, not to spend half their days pouring over their books and stressing about taxes. Formations wants to give our customers the time and peace of mind to do what they do best – and to help them earn the most for it. This means we do all the back-of-the-house financial work to maximize our customers’ business health and compliance, tax savings, retirement benefits, and peace of mind.
This full-time position offers a competitive base salary and s full benefits package. We go above and beyond in our commitment to our staff's health, well-being, and happiness by also offering flexible paid time away from work, weekly team culture events, volunteer time off, and other surprise perks throughout the year. Formations Corp is an equal opportunity employer.
Powered by JazzHR