This position is responsible for running and scaling enterprise-level email marketing team providing shared service supporting all customer facing communications across all lines of business with $200M+ annual attributed revenue.
We would be excited for you to join our team!
Location: This role would ideally be based out of Ferguson's corporate offices in Newport News, VA or our offices in Chico, CA (hybrid schedule). However, this role is open to full time remote for the ideal candidate. Being available for key meetings and collaboration during east coast hours, 8-5 pm, is required.
- Develops and implements short and long-term email marketing strategies to: target sales to existing customers, support lifetime customer value, educate and cultivate relationships with prospects and vendor leads and reduce customer churn.
- Responsible for crafting a vision and a roadmap by using existing and new technologies including automation, personalization, database segmentation, targeting, APIs and modular design.
- Contributes to the development, implementation, and reporting of email campaign performance and overall effectiveness.
- Coordinates all standard operating processes and procedures related to email marketing and marketing automation.
- Collaborates with other marketing functional team leads to build holistic, coordinated marketing campaigns.
- Analyzes email campaign results and reports campaign performance, summarizes key insights, and offers recommendations. Works with analytics team to understand business and customer needs and site analytics required to measure email success.
- Runs and develops email testing roadmap – continually optimizes, analyzes, A/B tests, and makes recommendations on improving email performance to include the following core metrics: open rate, click-through-rate, engagement, and products sales.
- Lead team of associates and freelancers coordinating all email marketing, SMS and push notification campaigns.
- Understands email marketing projects from a technical point of view - serves as the main point of escalation for data integration for multiple platforms and systems ensuring coordinated program management and efficient use of third-party programs and partnerships. Can make data decisions within ESPs to provide the best customer experience while adhering to business practices.
- Lead all aspects of data point mapping necessary for executing campaigns, understanding sophisticated data feeds and API calls, testing triggered emails, standing up transactional emails, building program logic and reading basic SQL.
- Stays current with strategies and industry standards related to email. Ensures email compliance and spam regulation (CAN-SPAM, CCPA) and shares email program insights and recommendations with marketing business partners and associates. Works with legal team to ensure compliance when new or questionable situations arise.
- Understands vendor capabilities, expectations and strategies for applicable 3rd party software (i.e., Eloqua, Responsys, LiveClicker, Litmus, etc.).
- Lead, train, develop, and empower others to maintain a high level of associate competence for sustained and self-reliant performance and achievement of the department and company goals.
- Work with leadership and business partners to decide prioritization of work and timing for campaigns and overall strategy to give best in class email and digital communications.
- Eloqua Master and Responsys Master certification preferred
- 5+ years of email marketing experience
- 3+ years of team management experience
- In-depth knowledge of email marketing and marketing automation tools required (Eloqua, Responsys, Litmus)
- Ability to strategize sophisticated campaigns to meet business needs/goals and successfully communicate programs to various business groups
- Proven understanding of complex data feeds, API calls, and basic SQL
- Ability to analyze data issues and produce working solutions. Self-service withing analytics tools (GA360, Domo, PowerBI) to gauge success, report back to key partners, and make data-based decisions.
- Ability to collaborate with others within the internal agency in order to create holistic campaigns
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, to be able to identify, pro-actively propose system and process improvements.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results oriented.
- Strong attention to detail with ability to run multiple projects in parallel.
Ferguson is dedicated to providing meaningful benefits programs and products to our associates and their families—geared toward benefits, wellness, financial protection, and retirement savings. Ferguson offers a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, retirement savings with company match, paid leave (vacation, sick, personal, holiday, and paternal), employee assistance programs, associate discounts, community involvement opportunities, and much more!
The Company is an equal opportunity employer as well as a government contractor that shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a), which prohibits discrimination against qualified protected Veterans and the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(A), which prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability.
Ferguson Enterprises, LLC. is an equal employment employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.