Feast It is changing the global events industry for the better. We have built a curated platform connecting the best suppliers to the most exciting events, from dinner parties for 20 right up to the UK’s largest festivals. We believe that every event deserves incredible food, drink and entertainment and we are building the technology to unlock it for everyone.
We’ve built an incredible community of the nation’s finest event suppliers, from independent videographers, florists, and mixologists, to the finest chefs and restaurants in the world such as Nobu, Bao, and Honest Burgers. And yes the job involves free food, and tickets to events...
Only three years into our journey, we’ve worked with everyone from Amazon, Nike, and London Pride, to Tom Cruise, Star Wars, and Taylor Swift and have seen nothing but rapid growth. Recently we came #7 in the Startups 100 awards, were finalists in the Natwest Entrepreneur Awards and have been named in the top 15 in Tempo’s 50 Best Places to Work. We’ve been lucky to attract funding from some of the UK’s finest investors including Tim Score (Chairman of British Land), Guy Berryman (member of Coldplay) and Richard Pennycook (Former Hut Group Chairman and Co-op CEO) who has joined us as Chair. Our team is expanding, our office keeps growing and we’ve fed millions of people at events over the last few years!
If you’re an ambitious, status-quo challenging self-starter looking to change an industry, you’ll fit right in and we want to hear from you.
Planning incredible events is a complicated process with so many moving parts. Feast It helps untangle that complexity and enables people to organise show-stopping events and our amazing suppliers to grow their businesses. Our messaging needs to reflect the simplicity that our product offers customers, and that’s why this role exists.
As one of our close-knit team takes time out for maternity, we need an excellent Email Marketing Manager to step in and level our comms up over the next 9 months.
We’re looking for someone who can help us on a part-time basis, working remotely (with the occasional in-person meet up) and can expect rewarding work within an impact-driven team of 5 and a wider team of 30.
This role is perfect for someone who is comfortable taking responsibility for all customer emails (transactional & marketing) and is experienced in writing, editing and upholding brand guidelines.
You’ll report to our Head of Growth and will regularly collaborate with the growth team of five, product, development and design teams.
In the first 3 months, these are the types of projects you’ll be leading
- Upgrading our in-funnel comms to better incentivise customers to book multiple suppliers
- Ensuring our site and marketing materials properly reflect the new “events” focus of the business
- Finding a tool that enables us to realise our goal of hyper-personalised emails
We care far more about attitude, intelligence and mindset than experience, but the ideal candidate
- Has deep experience using eCRM and email marketing platforms.
- Has hands-on experience setting up personalised user journey emails to nudge users towards purchase.
- Can maximise the use of marketing automation tools for personalisation.
- Is a strong copywriter, confident in adopting and improving copy guidelines.
- Has experience being responsible for the whole email marketing process, including end-to-end management & co-ordination from planning through to email build, sending and reporting.
- Is data and tech literate. We don’t need you to be a developer, but it’s important you understand how the data flows into our tools and how the content of our emails is driven by code.
- Has a problem-solver mindset.
- Has an understanding of customer segmentation and email deliverability.
- Has experience using content management systems e.g. Prismic or Contentful.
- Is comfortable developing product positioning and messaging for core products and features, considering factors like the value proposition, audience and the competitive landscape.
- Thrives working in a fast-paced startup environment.
This role is maternity cover and we’re not working in our office as usual at the moment, so we’re open to a range of flexible working arrangements.
The non-negotiable element is that we’re looking for applicants who can make a 9-month commitment to the role with the possibility to extend.
We’re looking for someone to join on a fixed term, part-time contract, helping us out for a minimum of 3 days per week, but we’re also open to freelancers who can commit the same terms.
Our offices are in London and at the moment we have no plans to return them. If and when the Covid situation evolves to a point where we are comfortable working from the office, we may ask you to join us there occasionally.
- Remote working
- Generous holiday allowance
- Pension contribution
- Invites and ticket to food and event industry events
- Significant discounts at London’s best restaurants and bars
- You’ll be part of a fun and passionate team who genuinely enjoy each other’s company
- If/when a bit of normality resumes we have a dog-friendly office with 100+ incredible lunch options nearby, a plant-filled utopia of working space and regular team socials and events ranging from company dinner parties to Secret Cinema events.
- Our customers care, so do we. We’re involved in the most important days of people’s lives. We appreciate that and make sure we do everything possible to make their event as perfect as possible.
- Always aim for excellence. We care about quality. We won’t get to where we want to go without working smart as well as hard. We take pride in our work and never deliver work we think is anything less than brilliant.
- Push ourselves to always learn and improve. We know that neither ourselves nor the way we work is perfect. We constantly critique to find ways to improve ourselves as professionals and increase our impact on the business.
- We are team players. No person is an island and we're either going to sink or swim together as a team. Everyone is expected to be a team player and no one gets left behind. Notice someone struggling? Help them out and expect the same in return.
- Don’t be a dick. We like working with good people. Don’t be a dick to the planet, don’t be a dick to our customers, don’t be a dick to our suppliers, and sure as hell don’t be a dick to each other.
- Party while you work. Startups are hard work - celebrate the wins, laugh and enjoy the ride. We’re building something huge, let’s have fun while we do it.