Discovery hires the very best and brightest talent who are enthusiastic and passionate to fulfill the company’s mission of empowering people to explore their world and satisfy their curiosity.
In exchange for their talent and drive, employees are provided with an engaging, diverse workplace and the resources they need to learn, thrive and grow in their careers.
Discovery's Digital Media group is a well-funded start-up within Discovery Communications. We are fast, nimble and have fun developing new, innovative and immersive digital content for eighteen iconic brands, including Discovery Channel, TLC, Investigation Discovery, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and more.
We are a small but mighty team working at the crossroads of technology and entertainment. As content creators in the digital space, we’re building on the Discovery legacy by using technology to evolve the viewing experience… telling better, more engaging stories to millions of viewers across the Internet every day.
What’s in it for you?
This is an incredibly exciting time to join the digital business. As the CRM Email Marketing Manager, you will play a key role in the evolution and success of our business. You’ll have the opportunity to work with a dynamic, passionate and incredibly talented creative team. With your creative and detail-oriented skills you will gain an in-depth understanding of digital to help drive the success of the business.
• A proven ability to develop, execute, and report email marketing campaigns
• A creative thinker who isn’t afraid of working with data to enhance campaigns and overall strategies
• Self-starter who can identify new opportunities or testing strategies
• Knowledgeable about current email best practices, HTML and CSS
• Eager to learn and follow industry trends in order to drive innovation and key results
1. Coordinate with various teams including Design, Copy, Marketing, and Analytics to plan, QA, execute and report on email campaigns
2. Leverage data and email personalization tools to automate personalization at scale
3. Lead email marketing testing strategy, testing variables like frequency, subject lines, copy, layouts, and more
4. Execute and report on A/B and multivariate tests to drive engagement
5. Orchestrate automated & triggered email campaigns journeys for onboarding, retention, winback, etc
6. Troubleshoot technical issues related to HTML templates, list segmentation, deployment and reporting
7. Ensure all messages conform to GDPR, CCPA, CAN-SPAM, and other legal or compliance requirements
8. Assist with list management of all customer data within the database to include opt-out management, hard bounce management, and related unsubscribe processes
9. Assist in developing comprehensive reports detailing all key email marketing metrics including delivery, open rates, click rates, conversion, opt-out, and segmentation analysis
* 3-5 years of experience in a digital or CRM/email marketing role with direct ESP experience
* Advanced knowledge of HTML, CSS with the ability to code, manipulate and troubleshoot templates
* Experience with mobile-first and responsive HTML templates
* Self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic start-up environment
* Ability to project manage/prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
* Meticulous attention to detail & strong organizational skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Bachelor’s degree in related field or an equivalent combination of skills, training and hands-on experience
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Discovery Communications, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including but not limited to all local Fair Chance Ordinances.