- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- 4 years of related email marketing experience
- Deep love of the written word and the English language
- Knowledge of Sailthru a major plus
- Firm grasp of web analytics, A/B testing and data-driven branded email/social marketing
- Outstanding ability to think creatively as well as identify and resolve problems
- Attention to detail and the ability to effectively multitask in a deadline-driven atmosphere
- High levels of integrity, autonomy and self-motivation
- Flexibility and the ability to respond well to shifts in trajectory
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Self-starter who's able to take ownership and responsibility for projects
- Ability to anticipate problems and roll up sleeves to foresee problems, tackle large projects and get things done
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage accountability well
- Experience overseeing multiple work streams simultaneously and equally comfortable delegating or owning tasks, no matter how big or small
- Knowledge of how to communicate proactively and effectively with a diverse set of technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Positive and upbeat demeanor
- Living and breathing data-driven marketing: You stay up to date on the industry, platforms and changes as they roll out
- Most comfortable being innovative, willing to test new ideas, tackling difficult subjects and challenging normalized perceptions
The Email Marketing Manager’s main responsibility is management of all email strategy, execution and technical operations. The goal: Build scalable email marketing processes, focused on delivering a highly personalized customer experience, while keeping email production efficiency top of mind. This role will also partner with stakeholders from across the organization to establish an email calendar and road map that delivers on our business goals, aligning all thematic content through email, on-site marketing and social marketing to ensure all timely content is coordinated to maximize impact.
This team member works cross-functionally with team members from Analytics, Product, Content, Lexicography, and Design to build and execute campaigns. The Email Marketing Manager should be comfortable with identifying new opportunities while effectively handling day-to-day tactical execution across channels to drive efficient growth, engagement, acquisition and conversions.
This team member is highly creative and skilled in engaging new audiences and increasing traffic, while telling our story effectively and doing so in a compelling, grammatically correct way. The Email Marketing Manager consistently searches for vertical growth opportunities while solidifying our brand position in the crowded market.
- Manage email marketing/re-engagement campaigns and web-content launches
- Design, create and implement new HTML email templates; potentially hand-code content from source material quickly, efficiently, and accurately
- A/B test subject lines, email content, audience segments, etc. and optimize based on performance
- Manage and improve marketing production processes in order to increase efficiency
- Manage the development of creative and messaging for email initiatives
- Manage project timelines in the project management tool Jira and/or CoSchedule, immediately escalating issues that may be obstacles to meeting projected launch dates
- Lead troubleshooting efforts as needed
- Support weekly and monthly reporting of channel metrics, goals and other KPIs
- Monitor web analytics dashboards and key reporting tools, pointing out key areas of importance
- Communicate weekly updates, progress reports, timelines and results
- Contribute to strategic documents that help align multiple teams at Dictionary.com
- Develop a short- and long-term plan inclusive of an annual budget, spend and functional KPIs, always leveraging efficiencies wherever possible to maximize impact and minimize costs
- Work with the head of Marketing to ensure marketing efforts leverage consumer insights, address trends and serve the consumer and brand needs.
Who We Are
We are an education publisher focused on creating delightful experiences to celebrate and enjoy learning (language). Our brands have a heritage of expertise and a team of passionate experts to focus our efforts.