The Herman Miller Group Retail, Email Marketing Manager will be responsible for managing the email and SMS programs for our three direct-to-consumer brands: Herman Miller, HAY and Design Within Reach. In the role you will be responsible for end-to-end campaign execution across email and SMS, including defining customer journeys and lifecycle stages in order to develop compelling, on-brand marketing campaigns that drive engagement, loyalty, retention and sales.
What you'll do:
- Manage the day-to-day strategy and deployment of email and SMS for Herman Miller, HAY and Design Within Reach. Ensure all messages are built, tested and deployed properly.
- Partner with cross-functional Marketing, CRM, eCommerce, Stores and Customer Service leads to develop messaging strategy and calendar, maximizing opportunities to drive engagement, frequency, retention, reactivation, sales, AOV and LTV. Ensure cross-functional alignment to provide a consistent customer experience across each campaign and channel.
- Participate in the Seasonal Planning Process to ensure email and SMS strategy and messaging is developed as part of the integrated marketing calendar.
- Maintain a customer-centric viewpoint to assess and plan communication at each lifecycle stage, implementing segmented, multi-touch campaigns leveraging predictive technology and dynamic content. Identify gaps and obstacles in the customer experience and execute communication strategies to improve the customer journey.
- Track and analyze campaigns, measuring effectiveness & ROI, for all types of email and SMS messaging. Report on performance on a weekly and quarterly basis. Continually work to improve all KPIs: deliverability, open rate, click rate, conversion rate, opt-out rate, revenue, as well as specific business goals around individual campaigns.
- Identify opportunities to A/B test campaigns with the goal of optimizing engagement and conversion metrics.
- Optimize lead capture and conversion.
- Ensure compliance with internal guidelines and best practices including CAN-SPAM and CCPA.
- Work cross-functionally to support other business units such as Trade, Wholesale and Contract with email campaigns when applicable.
- Manage relevant agencies and technology partners. Ensure quarterly business reviews are executed are presented with actionable insights to cross-functional partners and leadership.
- Provide email marketing thought leadership: strong understanding of best-in-class email and SMS marketing, new tools and software, and desire/ability to create a best in class programs.
Does this sound like you?
This might be you if you have the following skills and abilities...
- BA/BS required
- 5+ years of email marketing or CRM experience for a retail brand
- In-depth knowledge of email marketing and best practices; including segmentation and developing automated lifecycle programs
- Proactive and resourceful self-starter with excellent problem-solving skills, exceptional attention to detail, and effective communications skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Self-motivated and ability to work under tight deadlines
- Thrives in fluid, demanding environments and can juggle competing high-priority projects
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate across functional areas within the company
- Can comfortably and effectively collaborate with cross-functional partners
- Strong analytics skills using data to tackle problems and translate results into recommendations
- Experience with CDP or CRM software a plus
- Advanced proficiency manipulating data and performing calculations in Excel (VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables, etc.)
- Basic HTML and SQL experience preferred
- Ability to work as necessary during non-office hours (this may include: weekends, mornings, and evenings) when necessary