At Cypress, we’re on a mission to build an essential testing platform that makes automated testing delightful and effective. Cypress provides better, faster, and more reliable testing for anything that runs in a browser. Hundreds of thousands of developers and QA professionals use Cypress.io to write better code faster and release with confidence.
Cypress is currently used in over 90 countries by hundreds of thousands of developers across more than 30,000 organizations. Cypress has over 1,800 customers in more than 58 countries across 45 industries and includes marquee names like Atlassian, Crunchbase, GitHub, PayPal, and Slack.
The company was founded in 2015 and has raised $55M in capital to date, including a $40M Series B financing in November 2020, led by OpenView Partners, with participation from Bessemer Venture Partners, Battery Ventures, Sapphire Ventures and Stripes.co.
**This position is eligible to be hired virtually within the US or locally in Atlanta, GA
Cypress is looking for a passionate and experienced Email Marketing Manager to join our Growth Marketing team! As an Email Marketing Manager at our company, you will be responsible for planning and developing our overall email marketing strategy. You will be responsible for managing the strategy, aligning to our campaign framework and executing across all campaigns and segments.
This is an opportunity to build and own a function of your own in collaboration with other Sales and Marketing teams.
During your first year your role will be broad and include:
- Develop and manage email marketing strategy geared towards awareness, engagement and conversion of customers, leads and prospects in our funnel
- Create and maintain email list segmentation
- For example: Segment lists based on behaviors like past email engagement and website interactions
- Build and execute email campaigns
- Establish and test against email marketing KPIs
- Develop and present monthly/quarterly email marketing performance reports
- Develop a lead generation strategy as it relates to helping progress prospects through the funnel
- Suggest methods for improvement in conversion tactics, what’s working, what’s not. Let’s get creative
- Develop documentation and road maps for processes, A/B tests, and promotions that succeed through email.
Talent Attributes - what we look for in all hires at Cypress
- Self awareness: you seek to understand your own behaviors, actions, emotions and traits in an effort to continually improve and develop.
- Collaboration: you work together towards a shared goal, not in service of individual needs.
- Stage Appropriateness: you have experienced growth and scale and understand the impact it has on individual roles, decision making, prioritization and our vision.
- Intrinsic Motivation: you are driven by an internal desire to achieve, succeed and contribute
- Intellectual Curiosity & Agility: you have a perpetual need to learn new information, and with exposure to it you’re able to adopt and modify your thoughts, solutions and outcomes.
Role Attributes - what we are evaluating candidates for with this opportunity
- Analysis: you are able to balance quantitative and qualitative data to inform decisions in both a reflective and predictive manner.
- Business Acumen: you drive initiatives from a strategic level through business goals and objectives. You create awareness in digging into the business details and by partnering closely with the organization.
- Collaboration: you naturally embed yourself into the teams you work with and seek to become part of their organization.
- Vulnerability: you create trust through vulnerability and honesty to form genuine relationships with employees built on transparency and advocacy.
- Innovation: you go beyond “best practices” and discover new ways to solve challenges by diagnosing issues and gathering information.
- Communication; you value over-communication vs. under-communication. You make sure people are kept up to date on information, ensure everyone has a seat at the table and is heard.
- Project Management & Organization; must have structured and organized workflow, and ability to project manage lengthy projects with multiple deadlines and stakeholder needs.
- Past experience with email marketing, lead nurturing, marketing automation, and/or web analytics
- Ability and desire to build something amazing from the ground up
- Proficient using marketing automation technology, preferably Hubspot
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
- Previous experience with design, photoshop, HTML, CSS and Litmus all a plus
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Creative and collaborative team player
- A sense of humor