The Email Marketing Manager is a member of the ConnectWise Marketing Operations team. This role will build, optimize, and execute the email marketing and segmentation strategy for a multi-product, global database. In partnership with Product Marketing, Marketing Ops and Global Campaigns Teams, you will build and execute a full funnel strategy to nurture prospects and partners through the demand funnel, ensuring engagement and progression. Additionally, this role will be responsible for finding new acquisition channels to grow the active database and create programs to nurture them through the funnel. The Email Marketing Manager will oversee email campaign performance and reporting and guide the team on all things related to the email channel. This role will be both technical and strategic and will need to collaborate with other teams to implement and execute the strategy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, develop and execute the Marketing Email Strategy for the organization in partnership with Product Marketing and Global Campaigns Teams
- Implement test and control tactics for outbound email that leverage analytics to improve funnel progression.
- Build, nurture, manage and maintain our internal database of prospects and partner to ensure engagement and proper list control.
- Draw upon quantitative and analytical skills to regularly monitor, report and guide on performance and trends.
- Develop targeting, segmentation, and communication strategies to maximize conversion rate and engagement.
- Utilize Marketo to engage and convert prospects and customers across the customer journey.
- Understand campaign logic and how leads flow through different email campaigns.
- Manage our outsourced agency on email production ensuring all parts of the campaign are delivered and scheduled according to plan.
- Work closely with the Marketing Automation Team to ensure program templates and campaigns are functioning correctly in Marketo.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Deep understanding of lead waterfall and lifecycle in a B2B, SaaS environment
- Proven track record of developing email nurture and strategy for multi-product, global organization
- Experience in customer segmentation strategies, subscriber management and deliverability
- The ideal candidate will have an outgoing personality, be detail oriented and be able to work well under pressure
- Strong analytical skills and experience with email performance metrics and reporting
- Strategic thinker able to breakdown and organize problems, assess opportunity areas, and execute a plan
- Hands-on experience with Marketo, Eloqua, Pardot, Hubspot – Marketo preferred
- Understanding of email best practices, GDPR and CAN-SPAM legislation
- Excel, A/B testing, experience design, campaign analysis
- Candidate must have a genuine passion and interest in understanding ConnectWise partners and prospects, listening to feedback and creating new ways to reach similar audiences online
- Maturity to handle advising senior management on email tactics and techniques, and ability to interact effectively with multiple internal teams
- High degree of organizational skill - requires the ability to balance and prioritize a multitude of requests, initiatives in various stages of completion
Educational/Vocational/ Previous Experience Recommendations:
- 3+ years of experience in Email and Marketing Strategy
- Demonstrated experience in engaging, growing, and managing a database of prospects
- Bachelor’s degree required (with Business Administration, Marketing, Communications)
- Professional office environment
- Location – Remote, Tampa, Boston