- We are looking for a strategic, creative and tech-literate Email Marketing Manager to join our small but ambitious digital marketing team.
- This role represents a unique opportunity for someone to join Coats at an exciting time in our journey. We are investing in digital marketing and we want someone who has a real passion for growth and delivering winning results in a collaborative environment.
- You will lead the strategy of our CRM/email programmes. This includes both our prospect and customer communication strategy. Creating programmes to nurture and develop leads through customer journeys. The key channel will be email comms but the role will also work closely with the website manager, events manager and social media manager to create joined up journeys across all digital media.
- You will be responsible for developing email templates, copy, judging imagery and will be required to make sure that we represent the brand in a consistent and engaging way. You will therefore need a good eye for creative and an understanding of what makes good email copy.
- The role will require you to not only develop the strategy and creative for emails but also work with our Marketing Automation Manager to deploy them. Therefore someone with a passion for martech would be desirable.
- You will drive the agenda of the test and learn plan and continuously optimise the performance of the channel.
- You will also be responsible for marketing performance reporting and dashboards, and ROI.
- The role is based in the UK but will support our global CRM programmes (focussed in EMEA, Asia, and North and South America). The role requires you to support our digital marketing colleagues across the globe, as well as to be a key part of the digital marketing team in Uxbridge.
- The role will also partner cross-functionally with Marcomms, the Creative Studio, the Microsoft Dynamics and Digital & Technology teams, as well as managing our email marketing agency.
- This role will report into the Digital Marketing Director.
- Develop and execute overall email marketing strategy for Coats products and services. Manage the creation and execution of email automation and innovative workflow processes including customer journey orchestration
- Deliver targets of marketing qualified leads to pass to Sales team for new business acquisition and cross-sell/up-sell to existing clients
- Own campaign tracking, setting up UTMs to enable efficient reporting
- Own the email campaign plan and calendar
- Work with the team to create a process for email that delivers high quality emails that are designed, rigorously QAd and tested
- Design, test and execute email marketing campaigns that deliver against revenue-driving goals including CTR, open rates, lead conversions and repeat purchase
- Set up A/B testing structure, creative and copy tests regularly to feed into the broader team.
- Analyse data to determine ways to optimise performance to improve conversion and retention
- Be the guardian of all CRM communication (creative & copy), and optimise the creative using data and insights, deliver relevant and distinctive content to our customers to increase engagement. Work collaboratively with copywriters, our creative studio and our website team to develop emails and landing pages
- Act as a key partner to the business as the voice of the customer and CRM best practices expert
- Input and support the always-on planning process, and review and define the CRM strategy & activation plan for 2022
- Monitor key competitors’ activities and share the best practice back with the broader business – i.e. the central marketing team and the clusters
- Lead the relationship with the CRM agency as and when required (we primarily work in-house but also work with an email marketing agency)
- Manage the budget for CRM/email
Education, Qualifications and Experience:
- Demonstrate success in a strategic email marketing role and with marketing automation systems
- A track record of demonstrable results through testing and optimisation of marketing programmes
- Knowledge of email design, copy and a creative eye
- Ability to champion innovation and establish trust to maintain a collaborative spirit working cross-functionally in the organisation
- Be able to set up templates/email builds and deployments with working knowledge of HTML
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong communication, people and stakeholder management skills, including with senior sales leaders
- Data-minded and results-focused with experience in measuring impact
- Hugely customer-focused with a passion for great customer journeys and for quality of execution
- As happy rolling up your sleeves implementing the strategy as developing it
- Marketo experience
- Experience of working as part of a cross-functional team across geographies
- Google Analytics, Trello (or similar project management tool)
- Ability to champion martech and email with good presentation and communication skills, speak complex issues in plain English
Coats is the world’s leading industrial thread company. At home in some 50 countries, Coats has a workforce of 17,000 people across six continents.
Coats’ pioneering history and innovative culture ensure the company leads the way around the world. It provides complementary and value added products, services and software solutions to the apparel and footwear industries. It applies innovative techniques to develop high technology Performance Materials threads, yarns and fabrics in areas such as Transportation, Telecommunications and Energy, and Personal Protection.
Headquartered in the UK, Coats is a FTSE 250 company, a constituent of the FTSE4Good Index Series, a participant in the UN Global Compact and a Network member of the Ellen MacArthur Foundation.