At Cleo, we make a real impact by doing work that matters: helping families be their best at home and at work.
Cleo is the leading family benefits platform that picks up where the healthcare system leaves off. We combine the expertise of our team of Guides and Specialists—parent and maternity coaches, doulas, lactation consultants, sleep experts, and more—with a powerful technology platform that helps every working parent succeed as they grow both their families and their careers.
Cleo is offered by over 100 leading employers, including global Fortune 500 leaders and industry innovators like Salesforce, PepsiCo, The Learning Care Group, and Pinterest. With $81M raised from top investors including NEA, Greylock, and Transformation Capital, we’re expanding our offerings and our team to meet the growing demand of employers, parents, and the healthcare sector. Now we're looking for experienced and passionate team members like you to join us.
Title: Member Email Marketing Manager
As Email Marketing Manager on our Member Marketing Team at Cleo, you will work cross-functionally to develop and execute member email marketing campaigns to drive enrollment and engagement while providing the content they need during each stage of their health and parenting journey with Cleo. You will play a critical role in driving awareness and education for our members to ensure they know what is available to them through their Cleo benefit and delivering value-added content through regular and personalized outreach. We are looking for a person who is passionate about A/B testing, email optimization, campaign building, email content writing, and more. You’ll leverage and refine member journeys and parenting pathways to target and speak directly to Cleo’s member families to better support them as working parents.
This role reports to the Associate Director of Member Marketing.
- Manage Cleo’s email marketing platform and act as Cleo member email marketing lead
- Build and deploy regular and ad-hoc email marketing campaigns to include drafting personalized/dynamic content, segmentation, proofreading, testing, scheduling, and campaign analysis
- Apply email marketing best practices to ensure email strategy is current and forward-thinking
- Ensure marketing messages are conveyed clearly and member-focused, using persuasive calls-to-action and leveraging templates and visual design to drive and improve upon open rates and click-to-open rates with powerful subject lines, audience segmentation, personalized content, and visual design
- Leverage member database to develop campaign distribution lists and key events that support segmentation tactics
- Champion the member and the experiences they have with the content you create—how they find it, how they consume it, how they use it to make decisions
- Work cross-functionally with Engagement Marketing, Enrollment Marketing, Customer Success, and other teams to ideate and test new campaigns to drive KPIs
- Communicate strategy, progress, and impact of email marketing performance to key cross-functional partners and diverse stakeholders
- Work with content marketing counterparts to identify trends and engagement opportunities to position Cleo as a health and parenting resource and a thought-leader to members
- Ensure Cleo member content style guidelines are adhered to and updated as needed, utilizing best practices in B2C marketing, Plain Language Standards, and health literacy
- Execute product-level KPIs, developing strategy for driving these goals across channels, and reporting on performance, always acting in a data- and member-needs driven manner
To be successful in this role you may have:
- 4+ years of experience in email marketing, email operations, and campaign building
- Proven record of excellent writing and strong attention to detail
- A data-driven approach to leverage A/B tests and email marketing performance to make decisions and inform campaign strategy and operations
- Experience building complex campaigns within Braze or other email marketing platforms
- Ability to autonomously turn around email draft content that need minimal editing on a tight deadline
- An understanding of Cleo’s mission and the expertise to edit and produce content in partnership with cross-functional teams
- Strong organizational skills and a detail-oriented mindset
- The ability to thrive in an ever-changing and fast-paced collaborative team environment
- Background in or passion for working in health services
- Flexibility to pivot as programmatic needs arise
We don’t believe in perfection – we believe in passion, interest, and will – so don’t let a lack of experience or skill in one area listed above deter you from applying.
Cleo is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.