For more than 80 years, Citadel has steadily grown and offered stability to our customers, community, and employees. Today, Citadel provides banking, investments, and insurance services to more than 200,000 customers. As we continue to expand, we remain committed to providing the very best value to our customers. At over $3 billion in assets, we are one of the Greater Philadelphia area’s largest locally owned financial institutions, proudly serving residents of Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Lancaster, Montgomery, and Philadelphia counties. In 2018, Citadel was ranked number one among all credit unions in Pennsylvania for providing value to our customers by Callahan & Associates, and was named one of the best performing credit unions in the nation by SNL Financial. To learn more, visit CitadelBanking.com.
Citadel has an opening for an Email Marketing Manager at our headquarters in Exton, PA. This position reports to the Manager of Customer and Database Marketing. The Email Marketing Manager is the primary owner of Citadel’s email program and is responsible for strategy, execution, optimization, and reporting. The successful candidate will be able to work at both strategic and tactical levels working to bring campaigns to life to drive desirable customer experience and business outcomes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive email channel performance through effective strategy, content, segmentation, and personalization to achieve business objectives (sales, customer experience outcomes, etc.)
- Own emails end to end - Work with the marketing team, including graphic designers and copywriters, this position manages the day to day activities in the department from the initiation of a project through to completion.
- Manage and update the email marketing calendar to ensure that all plans are in conjunction with marketing efforts and deadlines.
- Manage Citadel’s email database, including segmentation, standardization, cleansing and maintenance.
- Create and manage automated processes in marketing automation platform.
- Coordinate and manage internal business reviews/approvals process and ensure all edits are communicated clearly to the email product team.
- Work directly with internal Compliance to get legal approval for email copy.
- Work closely with email production teams to convey mailing instructions, template, segmentation, suppression, tracking tags, QA timelines, etc.
- Thoroughly QA all email campaigns and clearly document edits.
- Submit email creative and copy requests to external email service provider and follow through to completion.
- Implement and optimize email campaigns by working closely with design, marketing and/or product teams.
- Track, analyze and report results of email campaigns with business stakeholders.
- Present learning from A/B testing and make recommendations for improvements/next steps.
- Monitor and minimize unsubscribe/bounce/complaint rates and ensure spam regulation compliance.
- Assist in the development and management of effective segmentation strategies, campaigns, and test methodologies for email campaigns.
- Keep abreast of the industry best practices and provide recommendations for internal strategies.
- Responsible for tracking project workflow and ensuring all project delivery dates are met for both internal and external clients.
Qualifications & Desired Experience
- Bachelors degree in marketing, communications, business or other related field preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years email marketing experience preferably in financial services or B2C retail
- Attention to detail and excellent project management, time management, and problem-solving skills.
- Highly organized with excellent communication and presentation skills. Excellent understanding of email campaign performance metrics.
- Strong understanding of email and marketing automation platforms, email service providers and deliverability
- Knowledge of basic HTML preferred and familiarity with web content management systems (Sitecore preferred)
- A demonstrated ability developing and executing email marketing and communications strategies and tactics including onboarding, lifecycle marketing, trigger, and re-engagement