Position Summary: The Children’s Group is a dynamic, Omni-Channel business located in Madison, just 25 miles from Charlottesville Virginia. Our direct to consumer brand, HearthSong, is recently seeing growth as a prominent player in the active play area. Through our branded site and marketplaces as well as wholesale business we create an energizing workplace with strategic opportunities for growth and improvement. In 2021 we are bringing in a new email platform which will enhance our email capabilities. We are looking for an E-mail Marketing Manager.
The Email Marketing Manager will be responsible for developing and driving email marketing initiatives and strategy Hearthsong.com. Specifically, the Email Marketing Manager will create marketing campaigns to drive customer acquisition, engagement and retention, and continuously experiment with new ideas and hypothesis to drive growth. This person will help to lead in our efforts to connect consumer behavior data with our email strategy. We are open to offering as a remote opportunity for an east coast based candidate.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Develop and execute data driven email marketing programs that assist in driving engagement and brand loyalty.
• Lead cross-functional teams in the planning, development, and execution of email marketing programs, asses the results and continuously look to optimize programs based on data analysis
• Partner with in-house creative and merchandising teams to optimize email strategy and launch new emails programs to increase engagement, leveraging subject lines, copy, imagery, and offers as well as manage all triggered emails based on behavioral cues.
• Create benchmarks and track performance across email metrics, asses those metrics for opportunieis to further refine strategy and tactics.
• Build and implement ongoing test strategy with email KPIs
• Develop a strategy to grow our email subscriber base while maintaining list health and performance
• Develop and maintain email best practices to drive deliverability and engagement as well as sales
• Support E-commerce team with ad-hoc requests and collaborate on projects that drive shoppers across site, social and email.
QUALIFICATIONS and REQUIREMENTS
The requirements listed below represent the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
• Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Marketing or a Business related field
• 4+ years of experience working in email marketing
• Strong communication skills both in verbal and written, able to communicate details and direction to all teams in order to ensure successful execution
• Strong knowledge of best practices for email marketing and deliverability
• Must be able to organize, prioritize and coordinate multiple projects and meets critical deadlines with minimal supervision
• Proficiency in developing well thought out briefs to help support teams understand the strategy and know what the needs are of each deployment.
• Strong analytic skills to asses the performance, gain insight and communicate those insights with the team and leadership
• Familiarity with personalized communication in broad set of digital and social platforms preferred
• Effectively resolve problems and/or roadblocks and knowing when to escalate
• Work well under tight deadlines, able to respond quickly to ad hoc requests and changes
• Ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Experience with Cordial a plus or experience with other CDP based email platforms
• SMS Marketing experience a plus
• Excellent computer skills, to include; MS Office Suite
• Some experience with Photoshop preferred
Remote work opportunity will be considered for a great candidate based on the East Coast.