A Little Bit About Us:
We are a growing global technology company that is looking to reinvent the way organizations build Trust in People with technology and AI-backed background checks. We are proud to share that we recently secured 105 million in funding, were named one of Canada's Companies-to-Watch in Deloitte's Technology Fast 50™ Awards, and are on track to become one of Canada's fastest-growing start-ups.
Who are Certonians?
We are soccer players, DIY creators, spicy-food lovers, karaoke lovers, wine connoisseurs, and so much more! We are a team of 300+ people currently living the dream at Certn and are looking for more team members to level us up. If you are excited about working with a group that values accountability, working synergistically with one another, being inclusive of different perspectives, and not being an asshole - aka approaching all solutions & problems with compassion and empathy - we want to hear from you!
We are looking for an Email Marketing Manager to join our Marketing team at Certn to lead and execute an overarching email strategy which incorporates revenue goals and company initiatives. Reporting to the Director of Growth Marketing, the Email Marketing Manager has the primary duty of overseeing and delivering compelling content via email flows across all stages of the Certn customer journey. You have a passion for email marketing, bring a highly diverse set of digital marketing skill sets, and have experience developing email strategies and leading email marketing campaigns.
You will work with cross-functional teams across the organization to identify high-value opportunity areas of focus in the development and execution of our email marketing campaigns. You will set out to imagine, build, and deliver creative email marketing campaigns that will have a direct impact on our fast-paced growth trajectory.
This role will grow existing marketing campaigns and drive brand new initiatives that will help establish the business as a thought leader, drive lead generation and nurturing, compel consumer engagement, and create a sense of urgency for the consumers to engage in the business's content, product, and activities.
We are looking for someone with:
- 3+ years experience in technical email marketing.
- Highly organized and detail oriented skills to execute multiple projects simultaneously.
- Knowledge of email marketing best practices including deliverability, segmentation, list growth and design concepts.
- Understanding HTML/CSS coding, email design, and responsive best practices is a bonus.
- Experience in copywriting and developing email content on B2B and B2C industry topics
- HubSpot or equivalent certification in marketing automation is an asset (ie. HubSpot, Eloqua, Marketo, MailChimp etc.)
- Experience with managing data in a CRM platform (ie. HubSpot, Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics, Oracle etc.) integrated with a marketing automation platform.
- Experience with web analytics platforms such as Google Analytics is a bonus.
- Work cross-functionally with departments to define engagement journeys and support business needs including customer success and client support notifications, compliance updates, nurturing email campaigns, and more.
- Knowledge of email laws and regulations in Canada, the United States, and Europe
- A good understanding of email reporting and marketing automation best practice
- Knowledge of SaaS or Tech email marketing experience is highly preferred
- Fast learner to achieve power-user status on marketing technologies.
What you will do:
- Create and monitor a wide variety of email marketing campaigns for acquiring and nurturing leads that target conversion at each stage of the funnel.
- Work with our email automation system (HubSpot) to create, send and properly track emails and campaigns
- Establish best practices and operating procedures for email design, lead nurturing, lead scoring, lead management, and pass through to CRM.
- Imagine and design out-of-the-box campaigns to drive direct revenue impact.
- Develop and execute account-specific (ABM) plans in partnership with the sales and customer success teams.
- Lead and manage ongoing email best-practice efforts to improve our sender score(s) and deliverability rates against industry benchmarks.
- Oversee the development of email workflows to meet required regulations and optimize pipeline conversion.
- Create and develop email copy, and work with our content team to manage campaign scheduling and ensure marketing messages represent our brand values.
- Create personalized email campaigns and content across the buyer and customer journey, from awareness campaigns to retention-focused customer newsletters.
- Support the team to maintain and govern data integrity, including ongoing maintenance of templates, database health, and distribution lists
- Analyze email campaigns to gather insights and actionable changes that will accelerate performance across conversion, engagement, and acquisition
- Keep up to date on emerging email marketing trends and understand email best practices.
Our goal is to make sure Certn to be the best place for you to work. That means we are consistently asking for your feedback, researching best practices, and implementing new programs and changes in the way we work so that we can each walk away every day feeling proud to work here!
Some of the benefits you can expect at Certn are...
- 4 weeks of paid vacation
- 12 wellness days
- Extensive health benefits
- Family support program (including support for new parents and caregivers)
- Remote-first and supports flexible remote arrangements
- Green transportation allowance
- Fitness & wellness allowance
- Work from home allowance
- Professional development budget
- And a few more goodies!
Does this role sound like it was made for you, yet you don't check every box?
We value diversity in our teams' experience. Whatever your background, experience, ethnicity, physical ability, sexual orientation, race, and gender is, we want to hear from you! We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive and diverse environment for all employees from all walks of life. One of our corporate goals is to build an environment that will be the best place for you to work and spend your time. To accomplish that, we know we need to develop a diverse team where everyone feels included and where a variety of voices are heard.