Carter's, Inc. is the largest branded marketer in North America of apparel exclusively for babies and young children. The Company owns the Carter's and OshKosh B'gosh brands, two of the most recognized brands in the marketplace. These brands are sold in leading department stores, national chains, and specialty retailers domestically and internationally. They are also sold through more than 1,000 Company-operated stores in the United States, Canada, and Mexico and online at www.carters.com, www.oshkosh.com, and www.cartersoshkosh.ca. The Company's Just One You and Genuine Kids brands are available at Target, its Child of Mine brand is available at Walmart, and its Simple Joys brand is available on Amazon. The Company also owns Skip Hop, a global lifestyle brand for families with young children. Carter's is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. Additional information may be found at www.carters.com.
The Email Marketing Manager is an important member of the Digital Marketing & overall marketing team, responsible for owning and marshalling the comprehensive email strategy to foster consumer loyalty, increase retention, deliver on sales growth objectives, and increase consumer lifetime value. The person in this role will contribute to the growth, profitability, and innovation of Carters through the strategic development of email messaging inclusive of marketing and operational email programs.
This role will maintain and enhance our existing email marketing and messaging strategy with a focus on increased segmentation, relevancy, and qualified email database acquisition that achieve brand, consumer, and commerce performance goals.
Email Marketing Strategy - 50%
- Develops, manages, and executes email marketing calendar across all email tiers including timing, cadence, promotional, and segmentation plans
- Responsible for driving over $100M in sales thru email
- Close collaboration with Creative, Dev, Brand Marketing, and Merchandising teams to drive all parts of the email journey from product, promotion, landing pages and integrated email technology
- Owns personalization technology roadmap integration with partners to deliver relevant and timely messaging
- Develop testing strategy for email marketing campaigns, including subject lines, dynamic content, creative layout, targeting, etc.
- Create and execute email tests that will elevate targeting, segmentation, creative and personalization practices.
- Leads and develops new segmentation and personalization strategy to drive incremental sales, cross-sell, and continuous improvement of email KPIs.
- Partner with project management team to ensure relevant content and on time execution. Secure necessary approvals from all applicable stakeholders.
- Guide email team in partnership with site merchandising team to develop accurate and best in class landing pages for email destinations
Reporting & Analysis - 25%
- Responsible for using Web Analytics, Return Path, Moveable Ink & Salesforce (ESP) to pull KPIs into weekly reporting and dashboards
- Analyzes and interprets email campaign performance, leverages insights to make directive, proactive recommendations related to email strategy and programs.
- Monitor and analyze marketing performance and website data
- Identify research and analytics methodologies to ensure key metrics are tracked using industry best practices
Content & Executional Planning - 25%
- Drive email execution of brand and promotional roadmaps within email to ensure the business needs are met
- Partner appropriately to ensure creative, data and link files are delivered and on track for deployment
- Manage day to day relationship with email agency to ensure team delivers on time and accurate
- Oversee email team and writing of creative briefs for 15-20+ emails per week to be turned over to creative for development
- 2 direct reports
- Mentor marketing team members and guide them in the development of effective marketing programs
- Establish performance goals and provide on-going feedback, coaching, and development to enhance the team's performance and capability
- Must be able to think strategically and lead program along with ensuing accuracy and deployment of final product
- Must be a true collaborator, can easily navigate and drive consensus through influence in a highly matrixed environment while building cross functional relationships (both internal and external)
- Must be able to effectively lead multiple programs and competing priorities and deliver results while leading future strategy
- Must have proven ability to recognize potential business issues, communicate proactively to team and cross functional partners and drive to solution
- Strong written, verbal, and communication skills a must
- Demonstrated experience with an email program tracking email schedules and success metrics
- Superior project management and organizational skills
- Proven ability to coordinate cross-functional team efforts
- 3-5 years Email Marketing experience required, ideally in a high-paced, heavy promotional retail environment;
- Working knowledge and understanding of CRM highly preferred
- Promotional environment or Retail experience highly preferred
- 4 year degree required
- Standard office environment
- Located in our Buckhead, Atlanta office
Carters is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.