Cart.com is an ecommerce software, services, and brand holding company on a mission to democratize ecommerce and give digital merchants the freedom to grow. We are integrating all the pieces of the ecommerce value chain brands need to thrive, creating a truly end-to-end Ecommerce-as-a-Service platform that helps third party brands (and a few of our own) move faster, grow later, and deliver on their promises more completely.
We're looking for an analytical and customer-centric marketer to lead our Retention strategy and execution for cart.com , AmeriCommerce and their ecommerce merchants. As Email Marketing Manager, you’ll report directly to the VP of Marketing and work closely with leaders across the company in order to set and execute the cart.com customer retention vision, strategy, roadmap, and budget.
The ideal Email Marketing Manager is an entrepreneurial, curious, and data-driven operator with a passion for delivering world-class customer experiences. He/she must be a highly critical thinker who is capable of extracting insights and leveraging those insights into structured, measurable plans of action. He/she will work closely with leaders across functions and must have strong collaboration and organizational skills.
- Analyze, audit and deploy retention marketing strategies for multiple brands.
- Create and share consistent insight into customer behavior across cohorts based on time, items, seasons, sources and more.
- Utilize key retention metrics to identify opportunities that will improve current LTVs.
- Develop a comprehensive retention strategy and own its implementation, execution, and ongoing performance measurement and improvement.
- Lead the ideation, prioritization, and testing of new ideas to improve retention and LTV metrics; develop rigorous, data-driven processes to rank ideas against key business objectives and establish metrics to drive ongoing performance measurement/improvement.
- Leverage all cart.com , AmeriCommerce and their ecommerce merchants’ customer touchpoints including email, text messages, package inserts, and limited paid media to craft a seamless journey that maximizes our customers’ experience and lifetime value.
- Build roadmaps for testing, measuring, iterating, and scaling high impact Retention initiatives that may include third party services & technology.
- Design, implement, and optimize a successful customer VIP and loyalty programs based on customer behavior with a multitude of touchpoints (website, text, email, digital ads, etc.); establish a rigorous process that effectively measures and improves customer engagement and lifetime value via the VIP Program.
- Assist and inform new product development strategy, based on customer behavior, category trends, and customer sentiment.
- Perform extensive qualitative and quantitative analyses that share a deep understanding of our customer's lifecycle journey, purchase behavior, and preferences.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ years of experience in eCommerce retention marketing or relevant field.
- Comfortable working with ESPs and SMS platforms to draft, deploy and report on email/sms campaigns and build audiences and segments.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently and idiomatically.
- Proven ability to manage campaign lists to account for response rates and deliverability.
- Deeply analytical and comfortable using data to drive actionable strategy and tactics.
- Masterful ability to operate, lead, and manage projects efficiently and effectively across functions.
- Comprehensive understanding of VIP and Loyalty programs.
- Independent, results-driven work ethic.
Our Core Values
These aren’t just buried somewhere in an employee manual. We live and breathe them. They’re on the walls and live in our hearts. They come up constantly in conversations and actions. They govern the decisions of the newest hire all the way up to our CEO:
Think outside the box. Actually, think like there is no box
Dream big, work hard, never give up
Fail fast but learn even faster with curiosity
Blame no one and respect everyone
Remember: earning it is always better than the alternative
Have fun…lots of it!
Cart.com is deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to identify and onboard people from all walks of life. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neuro-diversity, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.