We hope you are inspired by what we do and are excited to contribute to our mission. The Academy is looking for candidates who do great work, and we know they may come from a number of different backgrounds and experiences. We encourage you to apply even if you do not believe you meet every one of the qualifications for the position.
The Email Marketing Manager plays an essential role in CRM Strategy and Email Marketing at the Academy. This position is responsible for email marketing project management, initiating email builds and testing, as well as facilitating customer segmentation using Academy’s CRM and email marketing platforms. The role will manage the workflow of over 500 campaigns annually through pre-planning, requirements gathering, segmentation and configuring emails through the CRM and email marketing platforms, and facilitating stakeholder approvals. Additionally, this role will manage automation in the platform through the use of SQL for segmentation and the use of dynamic content.
We are committed to ensuring diversity, equity, accessibility, and inclusion are intrinsic to Academy culture and operations, from recruitment and retention to science and advocacy. Explore Our Commitment to Racial Equity to learn about our intentional engagement of traditionally excluded groups in an effort to spark interest in or foster pathways to scientific careers.
To ensure the safety of our staff working onsite and to comply with the most up-to-date City and County of San Francisco’s guidelines, this job will be remote for the time being. Employees whose jobs meet the eligibility requirements for working from home may do so as long as they work out of their home in California and are able to easily come onsite when necessary.
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Lead meetings with stakeholders to develop, set-up, and launch email campaigns with emphasis on project management, customer segmentation, contact strategy, execution & analysis
- Manage campaign workflow through the Academy’s project management platform, ensuring milestones are met and campaign is executed on time
- Manage and optimize the project management platform including the automation of case entry, milestone tracking and Gantt chart views
- Build, edit and test all email campaigns using the Academy’s custom email template engine
- Manage email marketing platform, including set-up of user accounts, lists, tables and fields, segmentation, and automation of applicable email campaigns
- Maintain an overview of all campaigns to provide key analysis and recommendations for new and existing email series, triggers and automations
- Establish and track Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) with stakeholders on their primary email campaign types
- Build and send metrics reports and campaign analysis to stakeholders focusing, but not limited to, their established KPIs to ensure campaign optimization
- Research and identify areas to optimize email performance, audience engagement and segmentation, and campaign strategy
- Identify areas for optimization of the email process, including the use of SQL queries, the JSON feed, and the CMS
- Monitor, update and expand the automated cart abandonment retargeting emails to maximize potential revenue for the purchase process
- Analyze and compile email results to support program optimization and benchmarking
- Use research, insights and A/B testing to optimize campaigns.
- Work with the Sr. Strategist, CRM and Marketing Automation to ensure customer segmentation and data extraction needed for planned campaigns are adequately supported
- Follow all Academy safety regulations
- Other duties as assigned
EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in project management
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in managing marketing campaigns
- Bachelor or Associates degree in related field preferred and not required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to develop and implement a project management framework
- Experience using cloud-based project management tools like Jira, Wrike or Basecamp
- Experience using a top-tier ESP Email Service provider
- Knowledge of email marketing trends and willingness and ability to adopt new technologies, languages and or frameworks to keep up evolving best practices
- Understanding or ability to learn dynamic scripting languages for email content automation
- Detail-oriented with excellent interpersonal skills, including written and spoken communications and strong collaboration skills
- Flexible and solutions-oriented problem solver who can independently troubleshoot technical issues and help facilitate strategic decision-making and negotiation of competing priorities
- Familiar with email workflow tools preferred (Email on Acid or Litmus)
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities who meet the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit, use a computer, and communicate on the phone, in person, and online meetings/calls. Must be able to perform repetitive motions 80% of the time.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: June 4, 2021 at 5:00 PM PST. Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis.
HOW TO APPLY: Please submit a resume and complete the brief online application.
The California Academy of Sciences will give full consideration for employment to all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (SF Police Code, Article 49).
The California Academy of Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to ensuring that all employees and applicants receive equal consideration and treatment, regardless of race, color, creed, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), religion, marital or domestic partner status, age, place of birth, national origin or ancestry, physical, mental or medical disability, height or weight, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship, military service status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.