Reporting into the Head of Performance Marketing and working closely with the CRM manager, you will take full strategic and end-to-end responsibility of all Email campaigns across Karen Millen and Coast, looking at new growth revenues, putting together & implementing strategy plans across key markets.
Relishing responsibility with a results-driven approach underpinned by strong commercial awareness, you’ll deliver alongside one direct report, exceptional channel performance against strategic business and commercial objectives.
- Passionate about email and every message a subscribers receives, ensuring each email is commercial, engaging & relevant by segment across devices.
- Defining segments through rigorous test and learn approach, whilst growing trigger campaigns and programme revenues.
- Own global end-to-end email planning and hands-on execution, with the support of the Senior Email Marketing Assistant.
- Working closely with the marketing & trading teams to build a vigorous email plan, using trading & product knowledge to ensure emails support objective: either direct response, customer acquisition or retention.
- Own and be responsible for the email marketing process, including end-to-end management & co-ordination from planning to briefing Design & Content teams, through to email build, sending using our ESP, and reporting.
- Forecasting revenue targets by campaign and period to ensure strategic business and commercial objectives are met.
- Own the ESP relationship, ensuring the technology is being used to its full potential
- Execute lifecycle marketing email campaigns through our ESP, e.g. “Welcome programme”
- Undertake email performance reporting and draw actionable insights to help continuously optimise email performance
- Utilise data to optimise audience messages and templates to drive CTR, CTO, & CVR.
- Lead cyclical feedback meetings sharing best practice & knowledge across internal teams, including Design, Content and Merchandising, to ensure that email performance is continuously optimised.
- Make ad hoc HTML edits within ESP platform
- Deliver weekly, monthly, quarterly and ad hoc reports highlighting achievements, insights and lessons learnt to inform & execute an on-going email testing plan to further drive performance improvement, covering subject lines, content, layout and segmentation.
- Manage one direct report, setting objectives, continually sharing knowledge by upskilling and coaching.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to create world class ideas and transform these into high performing emails, by advising best practices and recommendations internally.
- Constant test and learn approach, overhauling strategies and implementing your own data-driven ideas.
- Collaborate with tech and design teams to ensure successful execution of marketing plans and messaging.
- Manage the billing process ensuring payments are processed in a timely manner.
- Maintain thorough understanding of the digital media landscape to drive internal innovation and vision.
- Begin testing viability of other subscriber comms channels, e.g. SMS & WhatsApp
- Self-service experience required across one of the following: Cheetah marketing suite, Salesforce, Oracle (Responsys) and/or Adobe.
- Experience of ESP selection process is desired but not required.
- Excellent and up-to-date understanding of email marketing best practice
- Proven experience owning email marketing and segmentation plans, including the end-to-end co-ordination and execution
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders across different teams to enable on-time and quality execution
- Experience using at least one technical ESP system for at least 12 months
- Ability to translate data analysis into insights and actions to optimise performance, with a belief in a data-led and test & learn approach
- Advanced understanding of Excel, e.g. pivot tables, creating charts, VLOOKUPS, etc.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, with a very high attention to detail
- Proactive individual with excellent communication skills
- A passion for retail, customer experience and digital