At Bonfire, we work everyday to unlock the potential of custom apparel. We’re searching for an experienced and highly collaborative professional who is excited to execute a variety of tactics and strategies to help take our customer messaging to the next level.
As an integral contributor to our tight-knit marketing team, this role owns messaging strategy as well as end-to-end email production, testing, analysis, and reporting. The ideal candidate is a knowledgeable, motivated, and well-organized professional who lives and breathes email.
- Email Strategy: You must have expert knowledge of email marketing, as you’ll be owning all aspects of our email performance here at Bonfire. You know your way around modern customer messaging tools. You understand the value of a well optimized email, and know how to ensure we send the right message at the right moment.
- Campaign Creation and Analysis: You’ll lead the charge on all email campaigns, including promotional blasts, lifecycle series, outbound sales and transactional templates. Collaboration with our design, copywriting, marketing, product and engineering function will be key in delivering emails that look great, and that drive key business outcomes. You’ll also need the ability to report on the impact your campaigns have, so familiarity with a modern analytics platform such as Heap, Amplitude, or Mixpanel is a must. Working SQL skills are also preferred but not required.
- Data Management: You will be inheriting a large customer list that grows steadily each day. You will oversee data attributes, list hygiene, segmentation, subscription consent – ultimately ensuring that we can trust our data and feel 100% confident whenever we press “send”.
- Delivery Optimization: You know that an email is only as good as its ability to inbox successfully. In this role, you will obsess over making sure we are inboxing with as much success as possible, and avoiding spam traps and abuse complaints. Strict adherence to all data privacy and CAN-SPAM laws are a must.
- Technology Oversight: While this is not an engineering role, you will need to have a firm grasp of email technologies as you will be ultimately responsible for making sure our technology matches Bonfire’s business needs. We already have a solid foundation in place, however there is always room for improvement. Your insight and experience will be paramount in guiding us as we enter this next phase of sophistication.
- 3+ years of email marketing experience
- Expert knowledge of email technology, tooling, delivery optimization, campaign management and analytics
- Expert knowledge of CAN-SPAM
At Bonfire, we strengthen and inspire communities by helping them design and sell high-quality custom apparel. Originating in Richmond, VA in 2012 now with team members across the world, we have changed the way people buy and sell apparel online. In doing so, we’ve been able to help thousands of organizations and individuals raise millions of dollars for the causes they care about on bonfire.com.
You’re in good company (with a good company). We offer our team members:
- Competitive compensation with excellent insurance and savings benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- A positive, engaging culture and dynamic team environment
- The chance to make a real impact on the company’s growth and history
- The ability to help make a difference in thousands of people’s lives
- An environment to grow your skills, learn new technologies, and to challenge yourself (while having fun)