- Guiding team development and quality assurance efforts towards successful email delivery
- Maintaining high standards of development quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits
- Providing technical leadership to teammates through coaching and mentorship
- Identifying and encouraging areas for growth and improvement within the team
- Interact with development team, Marketing and Senior Stakeholders to resolve issues, manage requests and optimize campaign and Marketing Automation tools
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to develop clear business and measurement objectives and work collaboratively to prioritize initiatives
- Represent the Enterprise Digital Communications Center of Excellence team on projects and initiatives, providing expertise and identify opportunities to improve engagement that leads to greater sales performance
- Contribute to competitive intelligence and insight into Marketing Automation landscape
- Marketing Automation specialist with hands on experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud Journey Builder, Automation Studio and Contact Builder; experience with Advertising Studio an asset
- Strong email HTML development skills and AMPScript coding experience (or similar) required
- Marketing Automation campaign production management, working with the Sr Developer and Scrum Master
- Deep understanding and tactical experience in setting up data integration points to support Marketing Automation journey’s across multiple channels (including email, direct mail, online advertising, etc.)
- Implement and deploy test strategies and where required conduct QA to ensure accuracy of code development, journey mapping and deployment by segment
- Deploy advanced email strategies, including preferences, segmentation, dynamic content and triggered emails as required
- Define and maintain standards, processes and procedures as required, ensuring their alignment with the latest industry best practices and standards as defined by the Enterprise Digital Center of Excellence team
- Investigate and resolve deliverability issues as they arise
- Adhere to a production schedule to ensure accurate and timely delivery
- Provide regular status updates and quickly escalate potential issues – communicate to key stakeholders and managers on an ongoing basis
- Document outcomes, report progress and communicate results and recommendations to larger team and key stakeholders on a regular basis
Brand & Customer Experience
- Govern content and production of all Marketing Automation assets, ensuring adherence to brand, privacy and security policies, and production and deployment processes
- Understanding of Governance and Compliance requirements as they relate to legislation
- Monitor and minimize unsubscribe/bounce/compliant rates and ensure spam regulation compliance (e.g. CAN-SPAM, CASL, PIPIEDA, etc.)
- Understanding of database marketing and CRM programs and procedures
- Automate data flow between existing databases and Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- SQL experience is an asset
Governance and Compliance
- Be a subject matter expert on digital communication (including email marketing) best practices including creative, performance and CAN SPAM compliance
- Execute processes to ensure compliance with regulations
Risk Management and Control
- Provide subject matter input into the effectiveness of Marketing Automation journey mapping and email deployment initiatives via Salesforce Marketing Cloud and implement changes quickly to resolve issues.
- Identifying areas of concern to be completed or escalating as needed to the Scrum Master and Senior Manager
Experience and requirements
- An undergraduate degree in computer science or recognized equivalent
- 3-5+ years of experience as an HTML developer with SFMC experience – journey builder, automation studio, AdStudio, etc
- SFMC Certified
- Prior experience in a leadership role (i.e. technical or direct reports) is an asset.
- Strong knowledge of email development best practices
- Strong written and oral communication skills – must be able to communicate technical direction, discuss and incorporate stakeholder’s feedback, and communicate issues found and solutions clearly
- Excellent data analysis, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Consults on marketing solutions delivered across BMO’s digital properties that meet the goals and objectives of the assigned portfolio and deliver the intended customer experience.
- Leverages analytics to identify high-impact opportunities to improve customer engagement, conversion rates, customer retention and revenue as well as optimize the user experience across multiple technologies and properties such as web, mobile, and tablet applications. Works with a variety of stakeholders and initiatives to design, implement and measure performance of campaigns and programs. Ensures consistent application of BMO’s brand and design system standards.
- Fosters a culture aligned to BMO purpose, values and strategy and role models BMO values and behaviours in all that they do.
- Ensures alignment between values and behaviour that fosters diversity and inclusion.
- Regularly connects work to BMO's purpose, sets inspirational goals, defines clear expected outcomes, and ensures clear accountability for follow through.
- Builds interdependent teams that collaborate across functional and operating groups to create the highest value for all stakeholders.
- Attracts, retains, and enables the career development of top talent.
- Improves team performance, recognizes and rewards performance, coaches employees, supports their development, and manages poor performance.
- Acts as a trusted advisor to assigned business/group.
- Influences and negotiates to achieve business objectives.
- Recommends and implements solutions based on analysis of issues and implications for the business.
- Identifies emerging issues and trends to inform decision-making.
- Supports the execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Assists in the development of strategic plans.
- Leads/participates in the design, implementation and management of new digital marketing campaign and program solutions.
- Ensures alignment between stakeholders.
- Conducts various pre-implementation and post-implementation analyses to estimate/measure campaign/program impact e.g., revenue increase, cost reduction, corporate brand image favourability.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Identifies optimization opportunities through the interpretation of customer insights and campaign/program performance measurement.
- Builds change management plans of varying scope and type; leads or participates in a variety of change management activities including readiness assessments, planning, stakeholder management, execution, evaluation and sustainment of initiatives.
- Leads the design, development, and implementation of digital marketing.
- Automates validation tests to improve quality and efficiency of the validation process.
- Validates and tests models used in marketing measurement and reporting to assess/address performance and compliance.
- Leads/participates in the design, implementation and management of core business/group processes.
- Monitors and tracks campaign/program performance, user acceptance testing, and addresses any issues.
- Integrates information from multiple sources to enable more efficient processes, enhanced analysis and/or streamlined reporting.
- Develops solutions and makes recommendations based on an understanding of the business strategy and stakeholder needs.
- Provides advice and guidance to assigned business/group on implementation of solutions; may include campaign planning, content and creative development, monitoring/optimization and campaign reporting.
- Supports the execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Collaborates with product, marketing, agency teams and channels teams to deliver on business objectives.
- Gathers and formats data into regular and ad-hoc reports, and dashboards.
- Analyzes data and information to provide customer behavior and campaign related insights and recommendations.
- Executes routine tasks such as service requests, transactions, queries, etc. within relevant service level agreements.
- Monitors compliance with policy, brand standards and design system standards, escalates as required.
- Coordinates and executes campaign and program activities; makes changes to resolve issues.
- Monitors and tracks campaign performance and addresses any issues.
- Documents and maintain operational procedures and processes relating to digital marketing methodologies and campaigns.
- Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Provides specialized consulting, analytical and technical support.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently and regularly handles non-routine situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically between 5 - 7 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Post-secondary degree in business, marketing or communications related discipline.
- Knowledge and experience in financial services.
- Deep knowledge and technical proficiency gained through extensive education and business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth.
We’re here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.