Bazaarvoice connects brands and retailers to consumers, so that every shopping experience feels personal. From search and discovery to purchase and advocacy, Bazaarvoice’s solutions reach in-market shoppers, personalize their experiences, and give them the confidence to buy. Each month in the Bazaarvoice Network, more than a billion consumers view and share authentic content including reviews, questions and answers, and social photos across 6,000 brand and retail websites.
The Email Marketing Manager for Demand and Retention will develop effective email marketing programs to win new business among prospects and nurture growth in existing accounts. They will track and measure all campaign activities to optimize and drive improved performance.
The best candidate for this position brings a strategic orientation to demand generation and client retention, and designs campaigns that map to buyer pain points, and consider market and competitive forces. They have strong capabilities in marketing campaign planning, content strategy, storytelling, and managing/evaluating creative to support demand generation and retention efforts.
The selected candidate will be a self-motivated multi-tasker, comfortable working quickly and with significant ambiguity in a dynamic environment. They will relish new, daily challenges and be a creative problem solver and solution-oriented team member. Operational efficiency is a must, with clear understanding of demand generation metrics, marketing automation program execution, and email campaign reporting. The selected candidate will also demonstrate command of integrated marketing strategy, a track record of driving effective sales alignment, and audience-centered storytelling.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Develop email marketing strategy and drive day-to-day management and execution of go-to-market, nurture and upsell email campaigns that speak to prospect and customer pain points — resulting in MQL acceleration, pipeline creation, closed won business and happy clients
- Work across functions to support ABM, webinar promotion, events and co-marketing email campaigns
- Design and implement an A/B testing program for email optimization. Track and report results to senior management
- Monitor email deliverability and manage optimization as needed
- Use segmentation and personalization to drive incremental revenue
- Work with content and creative teams for copywriting and graphic design support; write email copy and landing pages as needed
- Measure and report effectiveness of all campaign initiatives and optimize based on learnings
- Infuse best practices, insights and optimization strategies into all campaigns
- Collaborate with product marketing and other internal subject matter experts to understand go-to-market for Bazaarvoice solutions
Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrated experience planning, executing, and measuring effective email nurture programs that map to buyer pain points
- 5-8 years of experience in marketing roles, with 3-5 years in digital demand generation
- Expert-level user of digital marketing toolset, including Marketo and Salesforce; Marketo certification a plus
- Command of marketing strategy fundamentals including buyer personas, buying journey, competitive positioning, and funnel stages
- Collaborative work style; ability to work independently and in cross-functional teams
- Proactive communicator; able to comfortably communicate plans to marketing leadership, as well as other stakeholders/leaders within the organization
- Excellent writing skills, storytelling in weekend language
- Organized & detail oriented-Strong project management skills with the ability to juggle multiple projects and consistently meet deadlines and objectives
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, ask questions and track down answers with confidence, and lead projects/programs with minimal direction
- Experience in e-commerce a significant plus
Why join Bazaarvoice?
- We’re committed to client success: There are over 5K brand and retail websites in the Bazaarvoice network. Our clients represent some of the world’s leading companies across a wide range of industries including retail, apparel, automotive, consumer electronics and travel.
- We’re leaders in consumer-generated content: Each month, more than one-half billion consumers view and share authentic consumer-generated content, such as ratings and reviews, curated photos, social posts and videos, about products in our network. Last year, 135K reviews were submitted each day.
- Our network delivers: Network analytics provide insights that help marketers and advertisers provide more engaging experiences that drive brand awareness, consideration, sales, and loyalty.
- We’re a great place to work: We pride ourselves on our unique culture. Join a company that values passion, innovation, authenticity, generosity, respect, teamwork, and performance.