POSITION SUMMARY (Basic purpose or primary function of job)
The Manager, Email Marketing is responsible for the general strategy and day-to-day, hands-on execution of email marketing programs in support of Arthritis Foundation communication to constituents and donors. S/He will manage the strategy and execution of email, enewsletter and marketing automation campaigns, from setup, targeting, testing and deployment to maintenance and data reporting, monitoring and optimizing. S/He will collaborate with multiple teams, owning the email process from start to finish.
Additionally, the Manager, Email Marketing maintains a current understanding of email marketing best practices and applies them to the execution of Arthritis Foundation email campaigns. S/He determines target audiences, devises and launches email campaigns to create general awareness or pursue specific calls to action. This individual must be familiar with email marketing automation and will develop and implement strategies and best practices to nurture leads through timely and strategically planned and developed email content.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (Principal responsibilities or job duties)
1. Manage and execute email marketing campaigns: including set-up, targeting, data monitoring, scheduling, tracking, testing, QA, and deployment.
2. Ensure marketing messages are conveyed clearly and delivered properly to prospects. Ensure internal and external messages follow industry policies and best practices.
3. Develop and implement a messaging and content personalization strategy for email and newsletter communications to promote Arthritis Foundation programs, engagement, and fundraising. Work with content team to develop and deploy recurring email newsletters and series.
4. Lead efforts to maintain clean marketing data, develop data segmentation according to digital strategies, make recommendations to maintain healthy list growth.
5. In partnership with Marketing Insights & Optimization Manager, analyze performance metrics, providing recommendations to improve effectiveness of email campaigns.
6. Have expert knowledge of marketing automation platform, including setting up nurture streams to create and execute drip email marketing campaigns.
7. Create and maintain a list of automation rules to support the digital marketing efforts of the Foundation.
8. Work closely with a variety of internal and external stakeholders to drive organizational objectives including mission and revenue goals.
9. Serve as strategy lead and subject matter expert on lead scoring implementation and best practices.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
1. Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or related discipline required.
2. Experience developing and deployment email marketing and marketing automation programs.
3. Hands-on experience with ClickDimensions preferred, as well as other marketing automation platforms, HTML, and content management systems.
4. Familiarity with analytical and database tools.
5. Background in nonprofit environment a plus as well as experience working with agencies. Ability to work independently and manage projects from inception to completion with accountability for goal setting and results.
6. Strong planning, project management and interpersonal skills.
7. Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
8. Experience working in a fast-paced environment, effectively directing and implementing multiple tasks and ability to set and meet deadlines.
9. A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND TIME ALLOCATIONS
Create, maintain, execute and optimize all email communications for the organization 35%
Media Relations / Crisis Communications / Reputation Management 30%
Celebrity Relations 25%
Material Development 10%