Appian is looking for an Email Marketing & Audience Strategy Manager to join our email marketing team and help refine the lead journey for Appian prospects, customers, and partners. This role will be tasked with helping to better define persona-based audiences for email and digital media targeting, as well as helping to shape a more streamlined email experience through email nurture, improved weekly email process/strategy, and supporting a best-practice approach to SDR email follow-up.
This person will play a vital role in refining our email nurture strategy, improving our reusable CRM email segments, and utilizing data sources to help inform our segmentation strategy across other digital channels (e.g. paid social media, content syndication, etc.). This candidate should be analytical and passionate about digital quality, process, and efficiency. We are looking for someone to take a Marie Kondo-esque approach to data hygiene/segmentation. High attention-to-detail, ability to work in quick sprints, and team player, roll-up-your-sleeves attitude are a must.
This role will sit within the Marketing Operations team on the Digital Marketing team at Appian, a team of multi-disciplinary marketers with a high commitment to excellence and a shared goal of up-leveling Appian’s digital presence.
To Be Successful In This Role, You Need
- To identify new and optimized persona-based email segments for Appian (leveraging multiple data sources and working cross-departmentally)
- Creativity in setting up new and improved email nurture tracks, reporting regularly on performance, suggesting monthly optimizations, and managing a centralized view to ensure upkeep from content providers
- To create document lead flow and email engagement triggers
- An A/B testing mentality to improve email quality and efficiency
- To keep a pulse on the latest email best practices to ensure we are not over-saturating our audiences, but are keeping them engaged and informed
- A consistent approach to ensuring inbound leads are being actioned and tracked properly for reporting purposes
- Experience or openness to learning 6Sense, Clearbit, Wrike
Some of the tools and resources we will equip you with include:
- Within your first few weeks of joining us, you will attend new hire orientation along with our 2-day engineering bootcamp to ensure you are set up for success
- Access to over 1,000+ Udemy course, along with dedicated learning time to focus on areas you specifically would like to focus on as a programmer
- An agile-led work environment where you will be challenged and your ideas will be heard
- 3-5+ years of B2B email marketing experience
- Experience with Pardot (preferred) or other marketing automation and email platforms. Experience with Salesforce
- BA/BS degree
Before Appian was a company, it was an idea. Not about a product or a market, but about the culture needed to sustain innovation and value. Today, we help businesses build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform.
Appian was founded on the belief that talented and passionate people, given the power and autonomy to excel, will deliver amazing impact. We have worked thoughtfully to create an inclusive, agile and collaborative work environment where employees feel challenged, and all voices are heard. We value and encourage cross-departmental collaboration, and actively seek opportunities to better ourselves and others. Creating impact to us means that when we deliver results, we’re focused on lasting positive change.