Apollo.io's mission is to help every business to fulfill their full market potential by connecting companies with amazing solutions with those who need them most. We've built a database of 250 million business contacts and 10 million companies, and our software helps sales and marketing identify and convert their most likely potential customers. We've raised over $10 million from Silicon Valley investors such as Y Combinator, Nexus Venture Partners, SV Angel, and Social Capital, and are profitable and continuously growing. We're headquartered in San Francisco, CA with a brilliant worldwide remote team.
Apollo is the foundation of your entire go-to-market strategy.
Your Role & Mission
As a member of the marketing team, you will own and execute the email marketing strategy to effectively communicate with prospects and customers throughout their life cycle. You will strive to build best-in-class email journeys leveraging great copy and design.
As part of the marketing team, you’ll be responsible for planning, implementing, and executing email campaigns for acquisition and retention.
You will partner closely with Content Marketing and Product Marketing to leverage the right content and right messaging along the buyer’s journey.
This role reports to the VP of Marketing.
- Excellent written skills in English
- Self-motivated and trustworthy
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
Daily Adventures And Responsibilities
- Owning the strategy and execution of email marketing for the marketing team.
- Building email campaigns in collaboration with stakeholders across marketing, growth, and sales to meet pipeline and brand objectives.
- Develop end-to-end email creation and deployment process with built-in QA.
- Manage the overall email calendar and frequency per best practices.
- Implement audience segmentation and content personalization strategies.
- Set KPIs and measure the effectiveness of the email channel, providing visibility back to the rest of the business with actionable insights.
- Work with marketing operations to manage the email database and ensure proper compliance per global privacy policies.
- Partner with marketing and growth teams to develop, implement, and report on website experiments.
Skills & Relevant Experience
- 3+ years of relevant marketing experience with direct ownership of email.
- Experienced in Marketing Automation systems such as Marketo or Customer.io for creating and sending emails.
- Understand how to apply best practices to produce emails and compelling copy.
- Data-driven mindset and ability to gather insight from analytics.
- Able to focus on creating journeys with the customer experience in mind.
- Knows how to work cross-functionally to execute projects and support stakeholders.
- Experience or demonstrated interest in running email experiments.
- Critical thinking aimed towards business impact and effective communication directed to all levels of the business.
- Believe that marketing is both an art and a science.
What You'll Love About Apollo
Besides the great compensation package and culture that thrives in openness and excellence, we invest tremendous effort into developing our remote employees' careers. The team embraces that we have a sole purpose: to help customers maximize their full revenue potential on the Apollo platform. This mindset opens us up to a lot of creative approaches to making customers successful at scale. You’ll be a significant part of a lean, remote team, empowered to really own your role as a proactive educator. We’re very collaborative at Apollo, so you’ll be able to lean on your teammates, even in adjacent departments, to help you achieve lofty goals. You’ll be supported and encouraged to experiment and take educated risks that lead to big wins. And, you’ll have a whole team remotely by your side to help you do it!