The American Physical Society (APS) is a nonprofit membership organization working to advance and diffuse the knowledge of physics through its outstanding research journals, scientific meetings, and education, outreach, advocacy, and international activities. APS represents over 55,000 members, including physicists in academia, national laboratories, and industry in the United States and throughout the world. Society offices are located in College Park, MD (Headquarters), Ridge, NY, and Washington, D.C.
The Email Marketing Manager plays a central role in the association's marketing automation and digital content strategies. This role will focus on delivering relevant content to various stakeholders and lead generation. This individual will take ownership of the email marketing automation software, Pardot, and its integration with the association management system (AMS), Nimble.
A Typical Week May Look Like This:
- Define strategies to deliver relevant content to a variety of personas and segments.
- Build and design the structure for marketing automation campaigns.
- Grow qualified leads by enhancing the experience of those interacting with the website, including converting site traffic to leads through call-to-action, landing pages, and lead generation content.
- Develop lead scoring, management, and reporting with marketing and effectively implement and maintain within Pardot.
- Spearhead reporting efforts across multiple platforms, such as Pardot, and Google Analytics to identify trends and convert them to actionable ideas.
- Ensure that all email campaigns comply with current best practices, including GDPR and CAN-SPAM.
- Manage an Email Marketing Specialist.
Is This You:
Education: BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience. A background in science organizations, associations, scholarly publishing, and/or international organizations not required but a plus.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Expert proficiency with Pardot or similar marketing automation system (Eloqua, Marketo, etc.) as well as Mailchimp required.
- Proficiency with Nimble or Salesforce with a demonstrated track record of results.
- Knowledge of Google Analytics, specifically campaign tracking.
- Must be comfortable working with, and drawing meaningful conclusions from, quantitative data.
- 5+ years experience with managing email marketing systems and designing, building, and deploying dynamic email marketing campaigns and more advanced customer journeys.
- Basic coding knowledge (HTML/CSS).
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Strong sense of design principles.
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office Suite products.
- Proficiency with Google Docs and other online shared document products.
- Must be able to work on multiple deadlines at one time.
- Strong organization, documentation, project management, and prioritization skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to adapt to quickly changing schedules.
- Ability to work well with interdepartmental teams as well as independently.
To advance and diffuse the knowledge of physics for the benefit of humanity, promote physics, and serve the broader physics community, we:
- Provide a welcoming and supportive professional home for an active, engaged, and diverse membership
- Advance scientific discovery and research dissemination
- Advocate for physics and physicists, and amplify the voice for science
- Share the excitement of physics and communicate the essential role physics plays in the modern world
- Promote effective physics education for all
The core values that drive our mission are:
- The Scientific Method
- Truth and Integrity
- Diversity, Inclusion, and Respect
- Partnering, Cooperation, and Open Collaboration
- Speaking Out
- Education and Learning
The American Physical Society is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. The American Physical Society is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, contact Kimberly Browne, Senior Recruiter at [email protected]
The APS has a “remote first” concept that promotes equal treatment and equal access, independent of physical work location, with a majority of staff working primarily from remote work locations.
We welcome you to apply today!