American Management Association (www.amanet.org) is a world leader in talent development, advancing the skills of individuals to drive business success. AMA’s approach to improving performance combines experiential learning—learning through doing—with opportunities for ongoing professional growth at every step of one’s career journey. AMA supports the goals of individuals and organizations through a complete range of products and services, including classroom and virtual seminars, webcasts, webinars, , corporate and government solutions, and research. Organizations worldwide, including the majority of the Fortune 500, turn to AMA as their trusted partner in professional development and draw upon its experience to enhance skills, abilities and knowledge with noticeable results from day one.
AMA is looking for an Email Marketing Manager who will develop and execute email marketing, engagement, and operational campaigns.
- Direct and implement customer segmentation, analytics and test-and-learn strategies for email marketing communications.
- Create and maintain email campaign strategy that enables our marketing team to most effectively and efficiently drive conversion through email.
- Collaborate with internal teams, including designers, project managers, marketing strategists and internal clients/stakeholders to launch email campaigns as needed.
- Understand and anticipate customer needs with the ability to develop targeted campaigns.
- Execute audience selection criteria by uploading audience lists and creating audience queries/filters within the marketing automation tool.
- Strategize and implement email personalization and dynamic content.
- Generate and implement A/B tests on subject lines, email workflows, and more, and present learnings to stakeholders and team.
- Understand and keep current on analytics, report trends and testing results.
- Support cross-departmental initiatives by providing email best practices and advising on implementation tactics.
- Stay abreast with email marketing environment and brings forth new ideas and opportunities based upon strategic organizational objectives.
- Ability to troubleshoot technical and code issues.
- Build and update email templates as necessary.
- Other related duties.
- Bachelor's degree required, ideally in marketing, business, communications or related field.
- 4+ years related full-time experience with email and email marketing automation
- Experience building and deploying email campaigns using marketing automation tools
- Previous experience using Marketo or other marketing automation tool a plus (
- Well-versed in HTML, CSS, Excel, Photoshop
- Ability to analyze and report on technical issues
- Knowledge of tracking, testing and analytics systems, Google Analytics, Litmus and more
- Strong knowledge of best practices for email creative, segmentation, dynamic content, testing methodologies, deliverability and CAN-SPAM regulations
- Must possess effective communication skills when speaking to technical, non-technical and marketing personnel
- Superior time management skills, attention to detail and ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment, meeting multiple tight deadlines
- Proactive thinking and planning along with excellent communication skills
- Well-developed analytical skills
- Passion for marketing and picking up new skills
- An interest in adult learning and talent development a plus
- Travel in accordance with business need
An EEO/AA Employer - M/F/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans - an ADA compliance organization