The Email Marketing Manager will own the email channel performance and KPIs and will play an important role in defining email channel’s strategies and roadmap for Sunny Sports and Scuba/Leisure Pro. This individual will work very closely with multiple cross-functional teams, such as Merchants, Planning, Marketing, Advertising and Creative departments among others to ensure successful 360 marketing campaigns execution.
This individual will drive a customer-first expansion and execution of existing batch and blast and triggered email marketing campaigns for Sunny Sports and Scuba/Leisure Pro to drive traffic, conversion and revenue through customer acquisition, retention and repeat purchase of our products. Iterative testing, personalization & optimization excites and drives your decision making. You're also a self-driven and curious person, who enjoys problem-solving, prioritizing resources & projects based on impact to business goals and expanding customer engagement and loyalty. You can work well both in a team setting and individually, be creative and data driven, thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, detail oriented and a multi-tasker, great collaborator and communicator.
- Own end-to-end execution, testing, analytics and reporting of the email program that supports both the online business as well as the local retail stores
- Responsible for continued email subscribers acquisition & list growth, retention, engagement and segmentation strategies
- Creating and maintaining the email strategies and forecasts, marketing calendar, campaigns planning, development, approval and deployment processes for the email channel
- Oversee campaigns execution from start to end, including ideation, briefing team members, gathering merchants’ requests and submissions, implementation, QA, deployment, A/B testing, optimization, monitoring, reporting and analysis
- Implement email best practices including but not limited to contact strategies, design, A/B testing, delivery and deliverability issues, dynamic content, template optimization, segmentation, personalization, etc.
- Develop lifecycle and trigger email marketing strategies for better and seamless customer experiences, saturation and touch points
- Establish and improve the email execution process to keep all parties aligned and management in the loop. Manage internal and external requests, communications and inquiries (in a timely manner--within a 24 hr period), be on top of email campaigns & keep all parties informed
- Create and own reporting and analytics. Continuously track and monitor channel performance and ensures that campaigns meet or exceed KPIs, including but not limited to quality traffic, revenue, conversion, CTR, open rates, and deliverability for continual optimization
- Use web & internal analytics tools to identify marketing, customer and product insights and opportunities. Provide input on site usability and conversion KPIs
- Assist in planning of seasonal campaign, forecasting them and manage scheduling of work for the month’s forthcoming campaigns
- Keep abreast with industry trends and competitive landscape in email marketing to identify trends, inform strategies, testing roadmap & tactics and technology
- Assist in preparation of hindsight's, weekly, monthly and quarterly performance summaries and recap presentations for the executive team
- Manage and work with agencies and third-party vendors
- The above duties and responsibilities may shift and other duties may be assigned to meet company needs
Skills & Experience
- 4+ years of experience in management and execution of email marketing campaigns
- Prior experience in working with an email service provider and knowledge of the email platforms (such as Bluecore and/or other)
- Knowledge of creating, setting up email campaigns and pull analytics and reporting out of the ESPs platform
- Experience in managing a high volume/multi-faceted email program and reporting on results, is required
- Understanding of email fundamentals: CAN-SPAM requirements, segmentation, performance metrics, etc.
- Knowledge of HTML and basic coding is a plus
- Results-driven with exceptional detail and knowledge around email/retail metrics and ROI analysis
- Demonstrated success in managing high volume integrated email marketing programs for multi-channel retail companies preferred
- Solid understanding of email best practices, and a proven track record of successfully integrating best practices into an email program
- Good analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities with the aptitude to read and analyze reporting (Such as: Google Analytics, Looker, Excel)
- Exceptional writing and communication skills
- Attention to detail, ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Be flexible with work hours as this individual, sometimes will work overtime and week-ends during the key periods