At Zappos, we look for people who will show up as their whole self because we value diversity and inclusion, as well as people who enjoy fun and maybe even a little weirdness. So be sure to check on whether you’re aligned with our company values and culture. If you think you can see yourself delivering WOW as a member of the Zappos family, then check out the job description below!
Company Culture is at Our Core
Our 10 Core Values are more than just words, they're a way of life. We know that companies with a strong culture & a higher purpose perform better in the long run.
Do our values speak to you?
1. Deliver WOW Through Service
2. Embrace and Drive Change
3. Create Fun and A Little Weirdness
4. Be Adventurous, Creative, and Open-Minded
5. Pursue Growth and Learning
6. Build Open and Honest Relationships With Communication
7. Build a Positive Team and Family Spirit
8. Do More With Less
9. Be Passionate and Determined
10. Be Humble
We Focus on Four C’s
Commerce (the "E" kind in our case)
Zappos continues to transform and grow. Ensuring the four C’s remain top of mind in everyone’s day-to-day means delivering happiness and WOW in the long-term to customers, as well as employees, vendors, shareholders and the community, in a sustainable way.
It’s also part of our core culture to offer shoppers more styles and variety, while reimagining ways to exceed expectations, protect and grow our company culture, and serve our communities near and far.
Company Perks: Quick Reference
A generous Zapponian discount program.
A multitude of benefits and incentives to stay healthy and fit.
Zappos pays 100% of every employee’s medical, dental, and vision.
Plenty of paid time off for life, vacations, staycations, and rest.
Zappos pays for 100% of any 12 therapy, mental health, or coaching sessions each year.
Meaningful assistance programs like professional development, mentoring, and 401k.
Make an impact through volunteer adventures and other community programs
Mandatory fun? Yes, please. Enjoy team building, family spirit and plenty of room to recharge.
Check out more company perks on our website.
Zapponian [noun| employee of Zappos]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective| not afraid of anything]. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Perks [noun| the good stuff you get for working hard]. Zappos pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams and generic prescriptions are all free. Plus matching 401k, life coaches, orthodontic benefits, and more. And don’t forget, an unlimited 40% Zappos.com discount.
1990s [noun| a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for Zappos and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Scout [noun| you're a recruiter, too]. As a Zapponian, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
Zappos is looking for an experienced and passionate Email Marketer to join the Variable Marketing team. The Email Marketing Lead role with assist with managing performance and strategy for all email channels at Zappos.
What you’ll be doing:
- Assisting with managing performance of all email channels (triggered, transactional and broadcast)
- Assisting with developing email marketing strategies for all email channels and executing on strategies
- Assisting with budgets
- Managing and executing various marketing projects as assigned
- Brainstorming, implementing, and analyzing tests for the email channel
- Optimizing various email campaigns with a data driven mindset to increase KPIs
- Contributing to a highly segmented broadcast email strategy
- Weekly and monthly reporting of performance across Zappos websites and channels
- Coordinating and executing with various teams across variable marketing for large scale campaigns
- Executing on new triggered campaigns
- Developing and building customer journeys
- Managing large technical projects with the technical teams the move the email channel forward
- Maintaining relationships and regular touch bases with vendors
- Managing list growth, list health and weekly/monthly reporting
What you’ll bring to the table:
- A minimum of 5 – 6 years of email marketing experience
- Experience in driving marketing strategy for the various stages of a customer lifecycle
- Experience with eCommerce and/or online marketing programs
- Experience managing and executing on large projects
- Advanced Microsoft Excel experience
- Four year degree, preferably in marketing
- 2+ years’ experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud Email Studio
- Very strong organization, problem solving, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to develop rapport and positive working relationships with coworkers and external vendors
- Ability to multitask, prioritize projects, adapt quickly in a fast-paced work environment and be proactive
- Strong analytical skills
- Passion for email marketing and customer journeys
- Excellent communication skills, strong worth ethic, optimistic attitude
- Experience developing and executing on marketing strategy
- Must be self-motivated and self-starter not afraid of jumping into and executing on ambiguous projects
- Experience in push and SMS marketing channels
- Developing large scale A/B and multivariate testing and analyzing and presenting results
Zappos is committed to help foster an environment where we can celebrate and embrace our diversity and each person's individuality so that people can bring their whole selves to work. In order to ensure that we are considering the needs of all of our employees and building a more inclusive Zappos, we ask that you take a few minutes to update your details, even if you select “Prefer not to say” on some questions.